Fiberglass box build TURNED down.. Please read. Did ask for too much?

You couldve just bought all of the stuff and gave it to them. Then all you would be paying for is their labor. Every time I have had **** done at a shop, I brought my own materials.

i woulda turned you down too...

nobody wants to deal with somebody thats anal about everything...

like requesting them to use professional painting techniques or asking for an itemized list of materials? Its a car audio shop...

i woulda turned you down too...
nobody wants to deal with somebody thats anal about everything...

like requesting them to use professional painting techniques or asking for an itemized list of materials? Its a car audio shop...
x2 wouldn't be worth the headache to take the job.

I don't know i can understand wanting to know where your money is being spent, I mean i don't think he is that for fetched go to any other custom body shop, hot rod shop or the likes and you spend a crap load on something you most likely will get an it itemized bill it is not out of the question. nor is being there at the begining of the process to make sure everything is in order, and so what if he wants to come to the shop and document the progress of his car.

Yeah, even though the customer is always right, You went way to far with your demands... Tell them what you want in the design concept and then let them do their job...You continue with that email to other shops and you will have to do it yourself or go bumpless...

Places know if you are that anal in the prelim stages, that you would nit pick everything and not be happy regardless...They did the right thing not taking the job...I wouldn't have either...

i know places that would do that (take comp book pictures) and probably surpass your expectations but they would also charge you $150+/hour plus materials. a wood "fit" box with a trunk trim panel would probably cost more than $1000 though too. Telling someone how to do their job when they are the one actually doing the work+ they have the experience can be bad. outside of the 9 layers of glass you would and could be far better off letting them "finish" the paint their way. if they are used to using different types of products, having them use something else just makes your box an expensive guinea pig. if you like the shop or trust them let them do the work if not find someone you like or try it yourself. The best work is never cheap and for the price you are offering i would be scared to take it to a shop that would do it.

1. they wouldnt be busy (sign of bad business)

2. they would more than likely take short cuts that you have NO idea what it would be.

3. unless you are a certified installer yourself i don't know many shops that would let you in the bay during the install.

4. the shop is not going to train you to possibly take away business from teaching/showing you how they did your car. especially for 1000 bucks. 12 years ago a competition book with detailed pics and wrote about details done was over $350 by itself...that told more of WHY it was done (not how) the pics shown what and how it was done.

Thank You You hit the nail on the head with my point.

I don't know i can understand wanting to know where your money is being spent, I mean i don't think he is that for fetched go to any other custom body shop, hot rod shop or the likes and you spend a crap load on something you most likely will get an it itemized bill it is not out of the question. nor is being there at the begining of the process to make sure everything is in order, and so what if he wants to come to the shop and document the progress of his car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.