Fiberglass Amp Rack 101: Build a Custom Fiberglass Mold for Amplifiers, Every Step

mklett33
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MI
DSC_8851-2.jpg

What’s up ladies and gentlemen of the car audio world? Today I bring to you the all inclusive Fiberglass Amp Rack 101 Lesson! Allow me to insert my shameless plug and say that if you enjoy any part of this tutorial, or learned something new, please post a comment, rank this thread, and share with your friends! Also I love when I get new subscribers on my YouTube channel! (The SECRETS of Car Audio Fabrication! - YouTube ) Other than that let’s review what you will learn shall we?

When it comes to making the Beauty Panel skeleton you are going to want to utilize techniques like router tricks to make pieces that fit within one another perfectly. You will also want to use techniques that allow you to mesh similar pieces of wood into one another to create separate pieces of the amp rack so that the amp rack is an assembly, rather than one permanently conjoined part. Having an amp rack that is multiple pieces that are joined together by bolts and screws is much more effective than an amp rack that is glued or otherwise permanently joined. You want to have access to the equipment.

The methods and steps to effectively doing this are outlined in the following video:

02.jpg

How to build a wooden skeleton foundation - Amp Rack 101 - Car Audio Fiberglass How To - YouTube

Once you have all your skeleton pieces built for both supporting the equipment and hiding the equipment you are going to want to prepare the skeleton for fiberglass, the professional way.

Praise be to you!

Looks good man, lots of great tips. Its helpful for me as I plan on building a amp rack soon. Though it wont be as complicated as some of the work you do, you have given me lots of good ideas.
Integrating some of the ideas I show you can be very easy, but at the same time really step up the quality of an install, I challenge you to try them out, it will pay off for you.

Man I seriously cannot wait for it to warm up here so I can get back in the garage, an update for those of you who enjoy my youtube videos, in the downtime I have been learning some of the Adobe Product suite, I have also invested in green screen equipment, and new microphones, the next videos are going to have a big step up in quality!

I think a lot of people could benefit from the videos in here, just don't want it to go un-noticed.

I would like to request this be moved to the reference database, spent a lot of time on the write up, and dont want this thread to die off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...