Fi Q Neo and Fi SP4v2

Would subs up and port rear work? Or, is there a problem with getting things to fit that way? It seems like a lot of SUV's use that orientation for there subs/port.

It "could" work as far as just fitting goes. I currently dont have a setup to physically try it. I've been of the mindset that my best experience is going to come from walling the trunk off behind the seat and facing sub/s forward and blowing through rear deck. Some guy at SMD forum was adamant about it. However, I've heard different here and I tend to want to listen to the guys here as they tend to actually act like decent human beings (lol) compared to all the arrogant attitudes I seem to find at SMD.

From what I've read, facing subs up into the trunk lid creates some serious trunk noise/rattle so I've not considered that such a great option, but I would imagine with proper deadening, anything could be remedied. Before I ran into the guy at SMD, I was convinced that facing subs and port to the rear would give me the best experience. Mostly due to this article by a guy that works at Alpine... Alpine installer comment

I'm trying to do a lot of research on the right build before I pull the trigger on a big purchase. Freekin ***** not being experienced and always having to ask questions about everything...grrr. I'm pretty sure I"m just gonna start building a sealed, see how it is, build a ported and face it different ways and see how it is, try to do a 4th order and see how it is.

I'd start by having a functioning system before thinking about which way the sub(s) should be facing. Keep it simple or else you'll never see the end of it and will lose interest.

I'd start by having a functioning system before thinking about which way the sub(s) should be facing. Keep it simple or else you'll never see the end of it and will lose interest.

I hear ya. The issue is just that i have a small trunk. If i want a 15 or two 12s, i will be building box in the trunk, and wont be able to move stuff around after the build.

I hear ya. The issue is just that i have a small trunk. If i want a 15 or two 12s, i will be building box in the trunk, and wont be able to move stuff around after the build.

Face sub to the rear and port to the side. It's been done that way for decades. Which ever way you build your box, you will not know if the other orientation is better unless you start over. If you can fold your back seat down. Face the sub forward and port to the side. Then, if you don't like it, fold your back seat down and remove the sub and cap the box. Then, install the sub facing to the rear. If that doesn't suffice, remove sub and cap box. Then, install the sub facing up. Is that feasible?

Face sub to the rear and port to the side. It's been done that way for decades. Which ever way you build your box, you will not know if the other orientation is better unless you start over. If you can fold your back seat down. Face the sub forward and port to the side. Then, if you don't like it, fold your back seat down and remove the sub and cap the box. Then, install the sub facing to the rear. If that doesn't suffice, remove sub and cap box. Then, install the sub facing up. Is that feasible?
Yea, im following you for the most part. I think to truly test these paramaters i should just build a box for 1 sub, then i will be able to experiment like you say. Not enough room to do that with 2 subs in my trunk.

Attachments

• trunk layout.jpg
    trunk layout.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 183
well, 26"x34" is max dimensions. its not turning around in the trunk. trust me, i wish it would... it would make this process way more simple.

The loudest trunk I've heard has the subs forward slightly angled towards the front passenger seat with the port on the driver side near the front corner. Maybe 20 degress of angle clockwise.

It "could" work as far as just fitting goes. I currently dont have a setup to physically try it. I've been of the mindset that my best experience is going to come from walling the trunk off behind the seat and facing sub/s forward and blowing through rear deck. Some guy at SMD forum was adamant about it. However, I've heard different here and I tend to want to listen to the guys here as they tend to actually act like decent human beings (lol) compared to all the arrogant attitudes I seem to find at SMD.

I have actually done the trunk wall and ports through the rear deck, man I loved it. Definitely my favorite trunk setup, if meter isnt your concern then IB is even better. Keep most of your trunk space, super clean effortless bass. But it wont be as loud as a good ported setup.

I had a single 18 9500 in the trunk
Here's a link, and you could try the 2 part box idea I did as well. Saved me from having to build inside the trunk

I have actually done the trunk wall and ports through the rear deck, man I loved it. Definitely my favorite trunk setup, if meter isnt your concern then IB is even better. Keep most of your trunk space, super clean effortless bass. But it wont be as loud as a good ported setup.

I had a single 18 9500 in the trunk
Here's a link, and you could try the 2 part box idea I did as well. Saved me from having to build inside the trunk

Are you still driving that Acura? If so, hows it holding up from all that flex?

Are you still driving that Acura? If so, hows it holding up from all that flex?
Nope its long gone. And man I miss that whole system... that's the only thing on that car I miss...

I broke the windshield 1 time, pulled the headliner, added some bracing and deadened it. Re covered the headliner and it was good after that. Transmission started slipping so I sold it and bought a new 18 sierra.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.