Fi Q Neo and Fi SP4v2

Gunk

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
Fi Q Neo - 1750 RMS
Fi SP4v2 - 3500 RMS

I haven't heard either of these in person and I'm trying to get my head around how the listening experience would be different with these two subs.
I realize describing how subs sound in words is probably a hard thing to do but here are a couple questions for anyone who cares to indulge me...

When comparing 1 to 1, assume they are in a ported box, walled, blowing through rear deck receiving their rated power.

1. Is the big difference just that the Q is going to have less distortion???

2. Would (2) Q 12's equal the volume of (1) SP4 12"? (lets say each setup is being powered by a Sundown SFB 5k).

Probably 85% of the time I'm driving, I would just be at moderate volume levels and will appreciate a SQ system.

3. When I have the urge to crank it up, how much difference in output are we talking? It's double rms power, so does that mean about 3db difference?

4. Is the SQ of the SP4 really that much different than the Q?

I realize some people hate vs threads but I can't hear these before I buy so what else can I do but ask? lol.

Thanks in advance.

To be honest FI Q neo doesn't sound any different than any other sub. Above average SQ at best and above average loudness. The btl neos feel better and sound almost as good but way louder

Alright, I appreciate that. Sounds like you've personally heard em.
Have you heard the SP4v2 to compare it to the BTL?

Seems like I should just go with SP4 or BTL since I want the capacity to get loud as possible on occasion.

Alright, I appreciate that. Sounds like you've personally heard em.
Have you heard the SP4v2 to compare it to the BTL?

Seems like I should just go with SP4 or BTL since I want the capacity to get loud as possible on occasion.
i've only heard the old sp4s which were inefficient and pox picky aka never impressed me. However the new SP4s are totally different in design and ts specs so i cant say much, havent heard them yet. BTL neos are nasty, i heard a 160s setup that can pull high numbers in the teens as well. Favorite FI branded sub so far.

i've only heard the old sp4s which were inefficient and pox picky aka never impressed me. However the new SP4s are totally different in design and ts specs so i cant say much, havent heard them yet. BTL neos are nasty, i heard a 160s setup that can pull high numbers in the teens as well. Favorite FI branded sub so far.

Do you think a Sundown SFB 3k would be a good mate for 1 12" BTL Neo? Was thinking the SFB 5K would be overkill, double the rated and all.

Last edited:
It seems like a good fit for me would be to find a 12" sub that matches up well with a Sundown SFB 3k. This would allow me to room to upgrade in future by just adding another 12 and another SFB. Would just have to do box over of course.

I have about 7 cubes net to work with before port and bracing displacement.

Dammmmnnn. Sounds like if my end game is (2) 12" BTLs I might as well just get the Sundown SFB 8k, and a couple more batteries. Shiiiitt. 2 batteries and the 8k is like $1500. might as well just save for the pair of 12s and the 8k and do it right the first time round.

Dammmmnnn. Sounds like if my end game is (2) 12" BTLs I might as well just get the Sundown SFB 8k, and a couple more batteries. Shiiiitt. 2 batteries and the 8k is like $1500. might as well just save for the pair of 12s and the 8k and do it right the first time round.
Bro. Do 1 15 and a 6k. Then you gonna go nowall.
1 15 sub up port back will get you high 140s maybe 150

Yup be satisfied for now, do a giant upgrade over half assed step ups. You save money on the enclosure in the long run and possible changes of heart in the mean time and you will literally FEEL the upgrade not just.. okay this is a bit better... Idk about you but i want real results and returns on investment aka the jaw drop effect or if possible, the orgasmic effect of you tapping out to your own system.

sub up port back on a trunk build will put up better numbers than a wall blowing through the rear deck?
Depends on the car but the loudest in my buddys altima was sub forward port to the side box as far close to the trunk as possible, 152 db at 38hz on a 12k. He also build a solid plywood loading wall to the side where the port is loading. Porting through the rear deck even sealing everything off was the weakest setup, like high 130s. Sub and port rear was 148.

Depends on the car but the loudest in my buddys altima was sub forward port to the side box as far close to the trunk as possible, 152 db at 38hz on a 12k. He also build a solid plywood loading wall to the side where the port is loading. Porting through the rear deck even sealing everything off was the weakest setup, like high 130s. Sub and port rear was 148.

wow, im surprised to hear this.

I was under the impression that if your sub was facing forward, (its going to be close to the back seat) and your port is toward the rear of your vehicle, you get cancellation issues as the back wave is out of sync with the front since they are emitting from locations like 3 or 4 ft apart from each other.

Attachments

• back wave cancellation.png
    back wave cancellation.png
    73 KB · Views: 280
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.