05 Acura TL, DD 9518, M2a, ported rear deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

YukonXL04

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, thought I would share my new build here.

05 Acura TL

Pioneer avh-4800bs

Vifa XT19 tweets

Silver flute 8's

Rockford T400-4 bridged

DD 9518g

DD M2a

7 cubes net, 32hz, 2 6" ports through rear deck. Diy flared

2/0 Lincoln Electric welding cable

Started out with 1 stereo integrity HT18 infinite baffle on a jbl bp600.1

Loved how clean and smooth it was, could hit any note. Played 10hz test tone effortlessly. Just not enough output for me. Also had to angle the baffle back quite a bit to fit it.

So I caught a good deal on the DD sub and amp from a buddy, and proceeded to make it fit. Had to cut some metal out. And since my back seat doesn't fold, just the arm rest. I decided to port through the rear deck. Had to build the box in 2 parts to fit it in the trunk. Ended up reusing my baffle from my IB setup. 2 layers with a 3rd flushed.*

The DD next to the SI

The 8s in the doors. Pain in the rear!!

The box. 7 cubes net. 32hz. 2 6" flared ports. Tried for a 3rd, couldn't get it to clear the magnet... Might try again later.

And here is the sub and amp rack

Backseat and amp cover in

I forgot pics of sealing the box off with foam. Sealed the deck off with ram mat.

Overall I am very happy with it so far.

Thanks. The output is great! Sounds like a solid 145ish sub, but I know trunks can meter funky... plan on getting it metered soon. Would like to hit a few comps in the area but haven't done it in 10 years, don't have a clue what's out there

Yea the box is lag bolted to the front cross braces. But it was a very tight fit. It would take some work to get it to move lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.