10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
Here she is:

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

It's in a 2.2 net tuned to 32hz. Powered by an MD2, set to get about 1200w. Pretty **** beefy when I first saw it, like a chubby kid back in those elementary school days. Quality looks excellent. Dropped in it, I've let it play 20hz tones here and there for a little over 10 hours now. Been listening to it gradually and it's been pleasing. The low-end is defining not lacking and for what it's worth, I think it's a low-end monster. So the suspension's loosened up a bit, but still a bit stiff (it was very stiff brand new). I was surprised by the output of this thing. Compared to my 2 12" RL-p's in 1.5 sealed with 1.5kw, they definitely keep up in terms of output around 40hz and below. Above 40hz, they're not too far behind. Output was pretty much what I was looking for, the two RL-p's ported were too much, this is enough for me. Accuracy-wise it's a bit punchy. I felt the RL-p's were a tad bit punchier in their 1.75 @ 32, but the Q may still need to soften up. I did steal some of JimJ's song choices and did some listening with both subs. The musicality and tone of the Q was noticeably better than that of the RL-p's. They sounded more natural playing guitar notes, particularly in 'Wayfaring Stranger.' They blended in very well. And on 'The Battle,' I did notice the RL-p struggling to play the low rumblings with confidence. The Q's didn't have a problem with it at all. On Hotel California live, the bass drum was just awesome. Very natural. Even on rap songs, the Q definitely proves itself (to me at least) to be a low-end monster. Listened to Hypnotize, Soul Survivor, etc. It was loud to say the least. Overall, I just like the musicality of the Q, especially in a ported box, it's still able to blend in with my front stage pretty well. And then when I listen to something bass-heavy, it isn't ashamed to show its capabilities in that department either. It doesn't have a flat response in my setup, but going sealed can probably help with that. Pretty satisfied with the purchase, Fi's service was excellent. Not taking anything away from Soundsplinter though, Mike is great and the RL-p is a very capable sub also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

i would imagine it has a little losening up to do yet...

the suspension on mine feels about as stiff as a wet noodle.

Glad your impressed. Great sounding woofers. Very low end heavy.

Ah yes, forgot to mentioned size. It's a 12". BJ made my box, shout out to him. Yeah, the low-end is straight nasty.

God any vids?! Haha looks good man, glad to hear you like.

Too bad the grill is crooked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Haha yes it is.. noticed it as soon as I put it on last week, but it's cool, serves it's purpose. I'll fix it when it's time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Interesting use of the box of bottled water as sound deadening... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.