Cut ID: 11.125”

Mounting depth: 7.000”

Displacement: 0.16cuft

I'm sorry, I meant physical dimensions. Something more detailed than this

Sub OD: 12.500”

Cut ID: 11.125”

Mounting depth: 7.000”

Displacement: 0.16cuft

I was looking for things like motor width, basket width.

Its less then 11.125 cause the motor and basket have to fit in the box through the cutout hole.... How small of a box are you making?
The box design I had in mind worked out to 1.876ft^3 tuned to I think 32hz. It has to fit behind the seats of a single cab colorado. Dimensions are something like:

48"w

15"t

6" top depth

10" bottom depth

I'm really not sure the sub would fit in the box comfortably, without knowing more specific dimensions I can't do an accurate sketchup. I was thinking about designing the box to mount the subwoofer inverted so that it sort of sticks out between the customer bucket seats my buddy has. It would be a strange setup, but if it fit well it would be the most efficient use of the space provided I think. My friend actually brought up the idea of doing this, and then building a center console over the sub, not knowing this would basically make a bandpass box, so that may be an option also. I've never built a bandpass box and don't really have the desire to but I think it could be somewhat interesting to try out in his truck.

As far as calling them and asking for the dimensions, I don't know, would it be better to ask them in an email? I was really hoping for a diagram with the dimensions on it, makes things much clearer.

EDIT - Just noticed you're running the same subs as me. I don't know the specs on that amp but I'm guessing it's 1000w@1ohm? Do your SR10's really handle that much power? I have a US Amps XT-2000D sitting here for my friend's Fi Q and keep having to tell myself not to stick it in my Jeep to "test it." Have you ever run those subs sealed? I've been considering building a sealed box to try them out, but since I just built the ported box can't seem to get motivated to try it.

This is a first lol.

Motor is ~7.5" (190mm) in diameter..cutout OD with the gasket can vary up to 12 5/8"

Not sure why you are drawing in sketchup...i'm one to look, measure..build. But either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is a first lol.
Motor is ~7.5" (190mm) in diameter..cutout OD with the gasket can vary up to 12 5/8"

Not sure why you are drawing in sketchup...i'm one to look, measure..build. But either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Lol, well my friend has his heart set on a 12" Q. I'm really thinking it won't fit, it's a very small space. He hasn't bought the subwoofer yet so I can't get measurements off it and the truck is his so I'm doing all the trial and error in sketch-up because I can't just walk outside and check a measurement real quick.

I also don't want to do trial and error when building it because it is his money and not mine. I don't want him to order the driver until I have a design that will work for sure. How far does the surround stick out from the baffle? If it's more than about an inch, it will most likely hit the backs of the seats, but if the box is any more shallow, the motor will be against the back wall. I'm almost tempted to just order the **** thing so I can measure it! I assume the basket width is about the same as the cutout diameter? Can you tell me how deep that measurement goes? The basket will most likely not fit between the seats, but the motor should have plently of room. Think you could give me the motor depth?

I'm thinking the mounting hole ring and gasket probably add 1/4"-1/2" to the depth if mounted inverted, so if the motor depth is maybe 3.5-4" I may be able to design the box to be a bit more shallow and allow the basket to clear the seats.

Lol, well my friend has his heart set on a 12" Q. I'm really thinking it won't fit, it's a very small space. He hasn't bought the subwoofer yet so I can't get measurements off it and the truck is his so I'm doing all the trial and error in sketch-up because I can't just walk outside and check a measurement real quick.
I also don't want to do trial and error when building it because it is his money and not mine. I don't want him to order the driver until I have a design that will work for sure. How far does the surround stick out from the baffle? If it's more than about an inch, it will most likely hit the backs of the seats, but if the box is any more shallow, the motor will be against the back wall. I'm almost tempted to just order the **** thing so I can measure it! I assume the basket width is about the same as the cutout diameter? Can you tell me how deep that measurement goes? The basket will most likely not fit between the seats, but the motor should have plently of room. Think you could give me the motor depth?

I'm thinking the mounting hole ring and gasket probably add 1/4"-1/2" to the depth if mounted inverted, so if the motor depth is maybe 3.5-4" I may be able to design the box to be a bit more shallow and allow the basket to clear the seats.

You have to allow at least 30mm infront of the cone for movement...Cutout OD is the cut out outer diameter of the entire speaker (you can go 12 5/8" as the gaskets tend to vary from time to time), Hole diameter is the..hole diameter for the speaker to be cut out on and mounted to.

If you are trying to wedge it behind a seat you need to have at LEAST 7" behind the sub (which is the "mounting depth" it includes the basket, and the motor down from the mounting flange) and another 1.5" or so infront of it for cone movement..

You have to allow at least 30mm infront of the cone for movement...Cutout OD is the cut out outer diameter of the entire speaker (you can go 12 5/8" as the gaskets tend to vary from time to time), Hole diameter is the..hole diameter for the speaker to be cut out on and mounted to.
If you are trying to wedge it behind a seat you need to have at LEAST 7" behind the sub (which is the "mounting depth" it includes the basket, and the motor down from the mounting flange) and another 1.5" or so infront of it for cone movement..
Well the sub will be placed behind the seats but right in the middle. There is about 9-10 inches of space between the seats at the back, so the cone will fire through that space. Would having the sides of the cone firing into the edges of the seat be a problem if I left say 1" between the surround and seat?

And I know what the dimensions mean, just looking for more detailed measurements to see what my options are. I could fit 2ft^3@32hz net with the sub inverted but I still don't know that basket and motor would fit between the seats. I think my measurement was 11.5" from the seat to the rear wall at the floor and 6" between the seats and the rear wall at 15"(this would leave plenty of room to mount the amp above the box.

It's a very confusing design, I'm trying to describe it as best I can but I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. The design I'm looking at now would be the entire width of the rear area with the sub in the middle and a port firing up behind each seat. I can't come up with any other way to arrange it. His current setup is a RF P3 Shallow in a small sealed prefab behind the passenger seat, with the sub behind the passenger seat the output is MUCH higher for the passenger which is a bit annoying. We moved the RF closer to the middle and output was much more balanced and sounded a bit cleaner so I think having the sub in the middle is important in that small of a cabin. I'm considering telling him to buy the 12 and we'll take it and the truck to a local shop and ask them if they could fit it. I'd really prefer not to but maybe they can figure out something that I can't. And I thought squeezing my two 10's and a 2cube net box behind the rear seat of my Wrangler was a pain!

Well the sub will be placed behind the seats but right in the middle. There is about 9-10 inches of space between the seats at the back, so the cone will fire through that space. Would having the sides of the cone firing into the edges of the seat be a problem if I left say 1" between the surround and seat?
And I know what the dimensions mean, just looking for more detailed measurements to see what my options are. I could fit 2ft^3@32hz net with the sub inverted but I still don't know that basket and motor would fit between the seats. I think my measurement was 11.5" from the seat to the rear wall at the floor and 6" between the seats and the rear wall at 15"(this would leave plenty of room to mount the amp above the box.

It's a very confusing design, I'm trying to describe it as best I can but I don't think I'm doing a very good job of it. The design I'm looking at now would be the entire width of the rear area with the sub in the middle and a port firing up behind each seat. I can't come up with any other way to arrange it. His current setup is a RF P3 Shallow in a small sealed prefab behind the passenger seat, with the sub behind the passenger seat the output is MUCH higher for the passenger which is a bit annoying. We moved the RF closer to the middle and output was much more balanced and sounded a bit cleaner so I think having the sub in the middle is important in that small of a cabin. I'm considering telling him to buy the 12 and we'll take it and the truck to a local shop and ask them if they could fit it. I'd really prefer not to but maybe they can figure out something that I can't. And I thought squeezing my two 10's and a 2cube net box behind the rear seat of my Wrangler was a pain!
You really don't want the surround to touch the seat at all...

So treat 11 1/4" of it as moving? Figure ~1/2-9/16" as the edge of the basket lip / gasket lip, and the rest as surround and moving cone area...

A "real" car audio enthusiast would cut the seats for clearance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Q is a nice sub, run one in the GF's car and have been very happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bustaplz

10+ year member
Pissing off the world.
bustaplz
Midland, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date