FI Q 15 sealed box size?

its mainly power handling, you can throw more power on a smaller box. Just cram some polyfill in there and you'd be fine with the 2500 bd cp on it. Make it 2.5 cubic feet man, 2 cubes tiny for a 15. Make sure you have bracing and account for subwoofer/bracing displacement too.

It would work but you'll miss out on some lower notes. With the FI Qs man, i had a Q15 before, you'd want to wire it down to 1 ohm with that bdcp. **** thing can take power! Mines was in a ported box too.

I may try running it at 1 ohm but I had a Q before on 1000 watts only and they sound great. I only have one battery up front so I'm trying to make it as efficient as possible running it at 4 ohms

I may try running it at 1 ohm but I had a Q before on 1000 watts only and they sound great. I only have one battery up front so I'm trying to make it as efficient as possible running it at 4 ohms
I believe that's the old Q.. but the new Q is pretty power hungry because it's been beefed up.. that's why its rated at 1500.. go with the larger box.. trust.. you won't regret it... I have a 12" Fi Q ported and it barely gets going at 1000w.. Go with 1 ohm for sure

Ok thanks for the replies guys, I have the 2500 bdcp it puts out at least 1500w at 4ohms. The birth sheet is showing just over 2,000w at 14 volts. Should I still wire to 1 ohm?

Ok thanks for the replies guys, I have the 2500 bdcp it puts out at least 1500w at 4ohms. The birth sheet is showing just over 2,000w at 14 volts. Should I still wire to 1 ohm?
You are not powering the amp on a test bench or running a resistor, or playing it as high as they do to get that misleading number. It will do rated 1500 daily

Hey man. Glad I found this forum...tell me u still have the ts parameters > specs for the q 15. Wondering what the qts is on the high qts model as opposed to the standard qts model ??? Standard is .41 / .42. I emailed the sales team at fi andnhe said is .02 higher but I heard it was .2 which would be .61/.62 not .43/.44 to me .02 higher is not enuf to make much dif so im just hoping someone can clarify and confirm the specs for me thanks

Hey man. Glad I found this forum...tell me u still have the ts parameters > specs for the q 15. Wondering what the qts is on the high qts model as opposed to the standard qts model ??? Standard is .41 / .42. I emailed the sales team at fi andnhe said is .02 higher but I heard it was .2 which would be .61/.62 not .43/.44 to me .02 higher is not enuf to make much dif so im just hoping someone can clarify and confirm the specs for me thanks
The specs do not ship with the woofer. I would assume the qts should be closer to .707. So I would go with .61/.62. This is just what I think, I have no specs to go by.

Years ago I had a pre-09 Q with new parts on a mmats D300hc with stock electrical and a walmart everstart marine battery in the trunk:

Few years ago I ran a 18" Q with BP option sealed... Lil over 4cuft and some Pollyfil. Amp was a mmats DHCX2200.1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.