FI BL 12"s Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey Guys! I am just about to purchase a 2013 Mustang GT. The very first thing that i am going to be doing to it will be getting subs. I want a system that i can use every day yet be able to turn up and be completely insane so i can blow my friends systems out of the water, compete with, do demos, etc. Ive been looking at the FI BL 12" subwoofers since they are very reasonably priced and seen to be way better speakers than other options such as overpriced rockford fosgate.

What I cant figure out though is if i should get a single 12" sub with a rockford fosgate t1500.bd-cp amp or 2 12" subs with a rockford fosgate t2500.bd-cp amp. I KNOW this is a HUGE difference. I would love the have the 2 12"s but the thing is that i have looked everywhere and i dont believe a H/O Alt exists for the 2013 Mustangs. Either way i'm going to do the big 3, use 1/0 wire on everything basically, add a XS Power D3400 battery in the back, and possibly upgrade the front battery. I believe this would definatley be enough for the single 1500 watt 12" but even with all of this I really dont think I would be able to run a 3000 watt system without damaging things.

Is this possible? like I said I really cant find anyone that makes H/O Alts for the 2013 mustang gt.

Also can anyone maybe describe to me what i would expect from a 1500 watt 12" FI BL vs. the 2 12"s on 3000 watts? Like I know it depends on the enclosure but i honestly have no clue how loud either would be since i haven't experienced many car audio installs in my life. For all I know the single 12" could be WAY more than enough but i just dont know. The only thing i have to compare it too would be 2 12" kicker comps on 500 watts in a factory enclosure that my friend has.

Sorry for the long post! I truly appreciate anyone's help/advice!

-Travis

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.