Fi audio Sub

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hi, Need experienced help, I just received and installed my Fi SP4 15 D2, powered by a Crescendo B3500D(the volume on the amp is up to 75% on the gain knob on the amp and bass boost in 0 and on the head unit the subwoofer level is in max), and I feel the bass is weak for what I expected...

1- Is this normal? Or what should I do?

2- Is there a specific way to put the ohm load down to 1 ohm on the sub?

3- What specific grill fits this sub?

Thank you.

Hi, Need experienced help, I just received and installed my Fi SP4 15 D2, powered by a Crescendo B3500D(the volume on the amp is up to 75% on the gain knob on the amp and bass boost in 0 and on the head unit the subwoofer level is in max), and I feel the bass is weak for what I expected...
1- Is this normal? Or what should I do?

2- Is there a specific way to put the ohm load down to 1 ohm on the sub?

3- What specific grill fits this sub?

Thank you.
Ok, well first the gain is not a volume knob. You need to set the gain using a DMM. Click this link and follow the instructions for setting your gain.

Second, make sure you have your sub wired correctly, it should look like this:

1-DVC-2-ohm-mono-low-imp.jpg

If the above two are set correctly and you are still having issues, make sure you have your crossover settings correct. I set my low pass at 80Hz and if you have a subsonic filter/high pass filter, you should have it set about 5Hz lower than what your enclosure is tuned to. If you are still having issues I would check the enclosure for any air leaks.

So do all the above and report back to us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i will double check the sub connection and all that, thanks for the info on the grill, any other opinions regarding the grill?

my enclosure is a flar port 3.5 cu feet box, i think its a 6 inch port.

i will double check the sub connection and all that, thanks for the info on the grill, any other opinions regarding the grill?
my enclosure is a flar port 3.5 cu feet box, i think its a 6 inch port.
As long as the enclosure was well built it should be ok by the specs you just gave. A bigger port wouldn't hurt but I really don't think that's the reason you have a low amount of bass. How loud is it exactly? Do you have any previous systems to compare it to? Maybe you were just expecting to much from this setup?

3500 watts should be loud enough for 99% of ppl, something is wrong here. What kind of electrical do you have? Do you notice your amp cutting out or anything like that? Maybe you wired the sub incorrectly, pics of each section of the install would be great, or at least a more detailed explanation

I will like to know, is there a specific way for the connection on the Fi SP4 Dual 2 ohm to lower the ohm load to 1 ohm?

thanks for all your input, i will check everything again tomorrow and will let you guys know.

I will like to know, is there a specific way for the connection on the Fi SP4 Dual 2 ohm to lower the ohm load to 1 ohm?thanks for all your input, i will check everything again tomorrow and will let you guys know.
Yes, if you wire it the way it shows in the picture I posted, you will end up with a 1 ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.