FI Audio help

BlackMaxima
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
LA
Originally i was planing to get 12inch IDMAX with ArcAudio 900.1D amp

I was wondering how does FI Q12 sub compare with the IDMAX?

In SQ which one is batter?? I know i can IB the IDMAX and i plan to do that, but can i IB the Q12??. Plus the Q12 is cheaper than the IDMAX.

If i were to get 2 IDMAX or 2 12, what amp can i get for around $700- $750 , couse the only good amps i know is the ArcAudio amps. I dont realy know any other amps not i have any experiance with other amps.

Give it a little while for more reviews of the Q.

The IDMAX is a nice sub, though. As for an amp, look into an IA 20.1 Should be able to find one under your price limit in the classifieds.

Give it a little while for more reviews of the Q.The IDMAX is a nice sub, though. As for an amp, look into an IA 20.1 Should be able to find one under your price limit in the classifieds.

you mean this amp?

http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_27&products_id=32

This is going to sound like a dumb Q but it says

Strapable Pair: 3600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms i need two IA20.1 to get 3600 watts right?

For $750, i can get a Zapco 1100.1 why get a IA20.1??

Plus correcy me if im wrong, but i think both of this amps are overkill for 1 IDMAX or 1 Q12.

PS: does anyone knoe if the Zapco amps are underrated like the Arc amps are??

Originally i was planing to get 12inch IDMAX with ArcAudio 900.1D ampI was wondering how does FI Q12 sub compare with the IDMAX?

In SQ which one is batter?? I know i can IB the IDMAX and i plan to do that, but can i IB the Q12??. Plus the Q12 is cheaper than the IDMAX.

If i were to get 2 IDMAX or 2 12, what amp can i get for around $700- $750 , couse the only good amps i know is the ArcAudio amps. I dont realy know any other amps not i have any experiance with other amps.
theres alot of good amps out there,alpine,kicker,rockford fosgate,diamond audio,crossfire,hifonics are decent budget amps,infinty makes a nice 1200 watt amp,jl audio although i dont like those much,ma audio also good budget amps,mtx,tons man...only amps i dont like is jl and incriminator..not saying they are bad..but im the kind of guy just by lookin at something and will decide i wont like it..for 2 12'' q's if you got $700-$750 for amp or amps i would get 2 alpine m1005 amps put each on a sub you can get them for that price on ebay brand new and they are 1000 clean watts..or the kicker zx1000 each brand new for about $325 on ebay 2 of those and you will be hitting..

tonly amps i dont like is jl and incriminator..not saying they are bad..but im the kind of guy just by lookin at something and will decide i wont like it...
Both of those companies make high end amplifiers.

No reason to judge them by looks- I thought audio was about sound?

Both of those companies make high end amplifiers. No reason to judge them by looks- I thought audio was about sound?
i didnt say by looks i just i can look at something and know if its something i will want to use..i just feel its dumb to pay $600+ for both jl or ia ocnsidering the power you get when you can get more for the same price or less from other companies just has good..you cant hate on me for saying that because its the same has most say about jl subs you can get the same for less..goes same for amps.

i didnt say by looks i just i can look at something and know if its something i will want to use..i just feel its dumb to pay $600+ for both jl or ia ocnsidering the power you get when you can get more for the same price or less from other companies just has good..you cant hate on me for saying that because its the same has most say about jl subs you can get the same for less..goes same for amps.
Its not all about power.........build quality, reliability, etc, etc are all things to look for in an amp.

Back on topic, the amount of power needed will depend on your sub choice.

While you could do IB with a stock Q12, it would be less than optimal for it...but in all honesty... the IDMax would fair even worse. Neither are particularly set up for IB applications... You would have a VERY low overall qtc and little punch to it. This is not to say that you cant use it for that, but the TS params for a true IB sub are different. Also, as far as IB goes, cone area/displacement is king. If you can fit 15s, do so if output is desired at all. And dont try to feed either sub RMS in an IB application either... you will have lots of clanking and smacking going on //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif A Q really gets moving in freeair with 400W each... more than enough.

Thanks,

Scott

Its not all about power.........build quality, reliability, etc, etc are all things to look for in an amp.Back on topic, the amount of power needed will depend on your sub choice.
i dont think theres anything wrong with alpines and kickers line up as far has build quality and reliability is concerned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.