Few speaker and batteries questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pyrofan

CarAudio.com Elite
Ga
So Im trying to build a Ice Cooler sound system. Im debating between 6x9 or 6.5's. Im on a budget and its for tailgating. Gonna be running a 4 channel amp with a sub so the the speakers will be wired together in pairs of a 2 ohm load. So are my questions are:

1) 6x9 or 6.5, im not a audiophile but can tell a crap speaker from a good one

2) if I did go 6x9, Pioneer TS-A6965R or Rockford Fosgate R169X2?

3) with a 700-900 watt amp, how many ah battery would I need? 1 12 ah or would 6-8 suffice?

Is use a xs 975. Or something along that line. Prolly 20+ ah would be fine and have a charger
Yea, that battery is way to big. Need something that would last and around 2-3 hours but not need 2 people to carry.

are you looking for speakers ?i have a nice set of r.f. 6x9 ( p1692 ) ill sell.
Im not sure if I want to run 6.5's or 6x9's and dont know which is better on the speakers I linked.

if you do 6.5 you will need some tweeters. unless you get some Coaxial 6.5 .my 6x9 are 2way and sound good and loud.

but depends on what you want.
Want something that gets loud haha. I guess 6x9's would be louder then 6.5's. its gonna be outside with people talking so SQ doesnt really matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.