Few amp Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheJuggla1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Surrey BC
I am thinking about possibly buying a 18" Kicker Solo X, I hear about 4k is about the max for daily, so that is what I wanna aim for. 4k Seems reasonable, wont be THAT hard to fully power, but still 4k is A LOT.

So I wanted to run this off a Kicker amp since I can probably get a super deal on it, but the only problem with kicker is they only offer 10,000, 2500 and 1500 watts, as their top 3 Mono Amps. I don't want to put all the money into a 10,000 watt amp for only the off chance I might actually pump it to the max?(And also isn't their warhorse like a couple grand?)

I wanted to know if i can Run 2 amps(Most likely the 2500 and 1500 Watt one models) together to power one sub?

If not, what is a good amp that can put out 4k Watts?

One other thing I would like to know is I hear having your amps maxed out a lot can be bad, I am wondering if there is a way to say limit the amp(s) from putting out more than 3800 Watts into the sub, since that gives them a little extra room so they aren't maxed out, without having to ohm meter it.

Rest is just if you are wondering why I choose kicker.

I choose kicker because the store I built my rep up at has kicker as one i guess you would call it 'main' brands, they have a nice kicker booth separate from all the other speakers advertising pretty much all their subs speakers and amplifiers(Besides the 18 square and warhorse) so I can usually get even a better deal if I buy kicker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.