fbi90909's TC LMS 5400 15 + Saz3000D rebuild + fiberglass

I have a similar vent in my trunk. What happens if you cover that ***** up?
when i first removed the rubber flap and taped it sealed i noticed it took more effort into closing my door. i also sealed it up to reduce air pressure from leaking out of my trunk when i had my trunk install.

since i don't have the sub using the trunk anymore i decided that instead of covering it up with tape and using the rubber flapper thing that i would create a filter to allow it to still be usable without making any noise that was caused by the flapper. with it it'll keep the dirt out of the trunk. or so i hope. it's not a procedure that is necessary but i just felt like doing something with it.

when i first removed the rubber flap and taped it sealed i noticed it took more effort into closing my door. i also sealed it up to reduce air pressure from leaking out of my trunk when i had my trunk install.since i don't have the sub using the trunk anymore i decided that instead of covering it up with tape and using the rubber flapper thing that i would create a filter to allow it to still be usable without making any noise that was caused by the flapper. with it it'll keep the dirt out of the trunk. or so i hope. it's not a procedure that is necessary but i just felt like doing something with it.
I sealed my accords vent off with tape because that flap sound was soo annoying.

well i did a lot of fine tuning work on the amp dash panel. i glued up the lifted ares, sanded down the corners to allow clearance for the amps corners. had a little glass and body filler built up in there. after the trimming i then wrapped the suede around the wood and trimmed off the excess. when i put the panel in place it fit perfectly around the amp. YAY, downfall was some of the panel wanted to rest lower then the height of the amp. so what i had came up with was to maybe cut some dowels to length and sit them in areas under the panel to stop it from sitting lower than i wanted. well, instead of using wood dowels i rummaged thru my desk and found the big bag of 10-32 T nuts that i have and a bunch of 2" 10-32 screws. what i figured would be best and easier is to use being that with the lenght of the screws i can adjust them while setting the panel in place to the proper resting point. i would say this worked wonders! made it super easy. the panel isn't done yet. i need one more thing for it. carpet brush! i need to find some carpet brush strips to use for the openings for the trunk sway things and the locking latch opening. after i get that then the panel will be complete.

onto the pics

getting a view of it in place

DSCN0221.jpg

this is the top edge that the panel meets the amp. you can see that the panel is sitting maybe 1/8" too low. so the top needs to be raised a bit

DSCN0222.jpg

a bit of trimming

DSCN0223.jpg

you can see the upper corner of the amp and how much the panel needs to be raised

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

first i started off with 2" screws and the T-nuts

DSCN0228.jpg

installed t-nuts for the areas needing support

DSCN0229.jpg

had to go out and get longer screws. 2" was too short. needed 3" screws

one in

DSCN0230.jpg

all the top ones in

DSCN0231.jpg

after a few minutes of adjusting the screws here's where the panel rest.

:YUMMOTHERFUCKINGYUM:

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

panel is pretty much done other than needing the strips of carpet brush. anyone have an idea of what exactly it's called so i can find the stuff online? would be greatly appreciated.

love the panels, clever how you adjusted it. also the brush strips for the openings, people don't think of things like that.

well done.

I would have gone with some stitched black leather.

Just looked at pics but Looks really nice, the suede is ehhh.. gray or black vinyl would of looked better imo.

hope the edge gets fixed so it looks nice, but awesome nonetheless, vids!

thanks for the comments guys

i auno, i like the suede lol. not too big of a fan of vinyl.

i was just thinking that when i create a trunk lid beauty panel and cover it that it'll end up in grey suede as well and to think of it it does seem like i'm over doing the grey. maybe i should have used black for the rear end covering of the car. maybe later on down the road i'll switch it up to black suede, ill photoshop the panel in a darker tone to see how it looks.

edit: oh and as for the trim that looks all sketchy on the amp panel is left that way because i need that trim area as thin as possible. that area is all being covered by the trunks weather stripping and is used to be pinched in between the weather stripping and the sheet metal of the car. if i would have added body filler and suede along that trim it would be too thick and be a hassle to get the weather stripping on. i already have to use a rubber mallet to get the stripping on with the panel. w/o the panel it slips on with a little pressure.

well the rear deck is installed and so is the sub panel. everything slipped on and fit properly. all is in place. a few downfalls i have found at the end. for instance, my car had a center seat belt. well on the larger section of the back seat there is a guide that was placed for the seat belt. well i can't remove that piece because there is no fabric under there. so now i'm stuck with a blank seat belt guide. :/

also the lower corners that give that, V like shape i should of just smoothed it out instead of letting it follow the curves of the car. i dunno if yall understood that or not but w/e.. if at some point i ever feel like modifying that sub panel to a point where i have to re cover it in either suede paint or w/e then i'll probably mod it so it looks smoother.

i just won't do it now since it's already covered up and i don't want to break the flow of the suede.

i also need to pull out the bottom seat so i can remove a bunch of left over tape. OR i may just leave the tape but paint it black. thing is if i remove the tape then the deadener would be visible. painting it would be a sinch so i may just do that.

here's some pics!

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

good bye XXX decal.

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0270.jpg

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0274.jpg

on a side note, after everything was installed and the seats were in place and everything in my interior was cleaned out from the car it was finally time to hook up my ktx100eq and have it set my system. i would say, after the changes the sound quality is quite more richer and smoother than how i had it before. LOL, well never let me tune someones system LOL..

here's how it turned out. does this graph look good?

frtest.jpg

on a side note, i think next week i will start working on the trunk lid panel. i still need to locate carpet brush strips to complete the amp panel.

still need to order a second set of mids but i'll do that later on. possibly next month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date