fbi90909's TC LMS 5400 15 + Saz3000D rebuild + fiberglass

second layer of body filler with the beginning of sanding.

DSCN0180.jpg

sanded

DSCN0181.jpg

taking care of the small patches that could use a little

DSCN0182.jpg

suede cut and ready to be applied

DSCN0183.jpg

bottom and beginning of sides applied

DSCN0184.jpg

more progress

DSCN0185.jpg

almost there

DSCN0186.jpg

backside view

DSCN0187.jpg

this is the very top of the panel. this is how i had to lay it. came out pretty nice

DSCN0188.jpg

all gluing is done and needing the excess trimmed off.

DSCN0189.jpg

working it

DSCN0190.jpg

panel is done!

no imperfections. nice and smooth. that's where i ended today. gluing the suede took a TON of my time today. i think i spent a good 3 and a half hours just with the gluing and trimming.

DSCN0191.jpg

tomorrow i will work on the amp beauty panel i still need to trim off the excess fleece from the amp hole and remove some of the wood off it. then i'll set it in place.

thanks for the comments guys.

after i'm done with the sub section i still am considering on making the trunk lid beauty panel maybe add an LED sign thing into it.

also i'm really really really considering on ordering a second set of PG RSD 6.5s and running a set in each front door. i'll take a pic of the door and photo shop what i'm visioning.

alright. well not too much work has been done today. as soon as i got home from work i kinda just watched tv and passed out for an hour.

when i got up i got to work and started with the amp panel. i cut an X in the center cause i needed to relieve some of the stress that was put onto the glued areas. some of the areas at the amp opening has lifted. not too worried about it at the moment as i'll contact cement it back in place.

first what i had to do was cut down the wood trim that i made. the wood is about 1/4". i busted out the dremel and started trimming away with a cutting disk. the first 30 seconds of cutting and the wood was smoking! i laughed and took a vid. cutting the trim took a pretty large amount of time cause i was really heating up the dremel and gave it cool-down breaks. so while i was letting the dremel cool down i needed to find something to do. well i checked on the amps and stuff and i found that they were really dirty. i realized that i had removed the tape from the trunk pressure release opening. so i decided to make a little filter out of it. when that was done i then finished cutting up the trim of the amp panel and then gave it a little test fitting. i'm pretty pleased with it and am sure it'll look great when installed. can't wait for the end product!

onto the pics and vid.

cuttin it up

panel with X'd out center

DSCN0192.jpg

wood that needs to be trimmed

DSCN0193.jpg

here's the pressure release vent

DSCN0197.jpg

using crazy glue and stretching spandex to create a screen

DSCN0198.jpg

trimmed off excess

DSCN0199.jpg

underside

DSCN0201.jpg

took a new terry cloth, folded it up and stuffed it inside

DSCN0201.jpg

side 2 covered and trimed

DSCN0204.jpg

re-installed

DSCN0206.jpg

DSCN0207.jpg

a pic of the panel in place but not trimmed yet. this was right after i completed with the removal of the excess wood trim. it needs a little sanding and having the suede re-glued in some areas then it will be good to go.though i still need to do something with the trunk sway bar thing opening. i feel it's an eye sore. :/

DSCN0203.jpg

more to come tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date