fbi90909's TC LMS 5400 15 + Saz3000D rebuild + fiberglass

Looks awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
X2 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

holy **** amp rack fail FTL, i will have pics in a bit i'm at work and took them with my phone, i need to upload them and do the post from my phone since i can't access photobucket on a GOV computer.

alright. so for the past 2 days i've been noticing this clanking from my trunk everytime i go over a speed bump, i go over a lot of speed bumps cause of these military bases. well i never really checked on anything as i assumed it was just my kinetik 2400 bouncing around.

well today when i returned from lunch i decided to take a peek and look at how the battery is being that it's strapped in place. to my surprise, it wasn't the battery..

pics!

iPhoneUpload-2.jpg

iPhoneUpload-3.jpg

iPhoneUpload-4.jpg

thankfully my wiring is awesome and none of the cables came out of the amp terminals or anything. all the amps are ok.

my downfall now is that with the amp rack busted up i have to create a new one, a big issue with that is the amp panel was set with the amp to sit in set place. if i make a new rack, it'll have to have **** near close sittings for the amp to sit flush with the fiberglassed panel.

guess i'll start this tomorrow since i don't have work.

I sealed my accords vent off with tape because that flap sound was soo annoying.

Holy ****, THAT's what that is? When I hit really low notes, I hear this "fap fap fap" noise that sounds like a midget is masturbating in my spare tire well. Where can I find this vent?

Holy ****, THAT's what that is? When I hit really low notes, I hear this "fap fap fap" noise that sounds like a midget is masturbating in my spare tire well. Where can I find this vent?
get under the rear of your vehicle and look behind the tire well thru the bumper. if you see a square/plastic rectangle thing there that may very well be the pressure release vent. when found go in your trunk and remove the side wall carpetting. you should then see the vent. you can either A, remove the flapper in there and leave the vent open, but itwill cause lots of road dust to enter the trunk. B, remove the flap and tape the area closed and sealed., this most likely cause a poping in your ears sometimes when you close your car door. it'll also be a little harder to close the door, not by much but requires a little more effort. and C. what i did with mine.. still got the pressure release and a filter to keep the dirt out the car.

Sweet. Thanks. Also, one more question though. What software did you use to flatten out the response in your car? Is that something that came with your headunit or something? I'm going to be installing some components and a 4ch. amp soon and that looks like a great way to dial in the settings.

Sweet. Thanks. Also, one more question though. What software did you use to flatten out the response in your car? Is that something that came with your headunit or something? I'm going to be installing some components and a 4ch. amp soon and that looks like a great way to dial in the settings.
you'll need an alpine 9887 and the alpine KTX-100EQ. the EQ connects to the computer and car and configures the system with the program.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

fbi90909

5,000+ posts
Panty Thief
fbi90909
Key West, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date