falling rear view mirror

shaodome

stupid mirror keeps falling down. I reglue and it'll last about a month, then fall again. Anybody have any suggestions for stonger glue, etc? I just keep buyin that stuff at AutoZone for like 2 bucks.

In the trunk are 2 Hollywood ExCursion 1280D's runnin on 1000 Watt Hollywood amp, and they shake the glass. The car is a 95 Mazda 626 with the trunk all soundproofed, well sorta //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

Why not just drop by a local car dealership and ask what they use? Even better, try a place like Speedy Auto Glass etc, and they'll be happy to help you out.

Keep on spinnin'

DJ Likwid

I had that prob with a buddy's truck. I took some strong cleaner like alcohol and cleaned the old stuff off, then took a razor and scored the glass where the mirror was to go. Not real deep, just enough to get a little more surface area for the glue to grab. Than I took and glued it on with Epoxy. That thing aint ever coming down now. You could probably hang on it, lol.

You could probably use something less agressive than Epoxy. But the scoring of the window I believe is what helped. Just make sure to get glue into the marks.

Oh yea if you break your window dont blame me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.