factory wiring splicing? whaaat?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
So I'm examining the factory infiniti wiring in my car and you wouldn't believe this.

The door speakers have their wires spliced into as inputs for the factory amp! I was wondering why the colors of the input wires were the SAME as the door speaker wires.

Apparently, the HU only powers the door speakers and splices the "left front/right front" wiring into the amp as inputs. There is also "left rear/right rear" input but that's not spliced.

Basically...

door speakers powered by HU

rear and sail speakers powered by amplifier.

wtf is this!? Is this what they do at the factory? i had no idea. The only way to tell for sure is to unhook the amps wiring and play music. If the door speakers still play, then what I'm figuring out is definitely true.

is this normal with factory sound systems?

wow.............just wow.........

Apparently it's not spliced at all. The idiots at Chrysler decided to change the color of the door speaker wires from amp to speakers.

The left door speaker start from the amp being light green and becoming brown and dark green.

Right door speakers start as light blue, end up being purple and dark blue.

Chrysler never standardizes on shit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.