Advice on system

Participant count
  • Participant list

joker51

ND
Ok here is what I have right now in a 99 Saturn SL1

HU- JVC KD-X50BT

Amp- Alpine MRV-M500

Speakers- Rockford Fosgate R165X3 6.5" door and rear deck.

Subs- 2 10" Eclipse (cant remember the model # right now)

What should I add or change out. I really like the deck with the Bluetooth setup and remote, makes the road trips to get my kids a lot easier.

Im not looking for glass shattering sound. Just something rear crisp that can feel the bass not hear the rattle of body panels.

Thanks

Joker51

Just looking for some advice on getting clearer sound. I haven't done anything with car stereos for about 15 years so not sure what is good quality out there. Im wiring in the amp and subs now. so haven't really heard the quality of them yet. Will these subs with amp let me feel the bass? (they are mounted in the trunk right behind the rear seats.

Guess I am just looking for advice on what I have an what could be better with out breaking the bank. Looking at spending only $500 max more in swapping out what I have if there is something better in the price range.

And music range is anything from Cab Calloway to Ramstein with out the rap crap in there lol

Thanks

Joker51

Just looking for some advice on getting clearer sound. I haven't done anything with car stereos for about 15 years so not sure what is good quality out there. Im wiring in the amp and subs now. so haven't really heard the quality of them yet. Will these subs with amp let me feel the bass? (they are mounted in the trunk right behind the rear seats.Guess I am just looking for advice on what I have an what could be better with out breaking the bank. Looking at spending only $500 max more in swapping out what I have if there is something better in the price range.

And music range is anything from Cab Calloway to Ramstein with out the rap crap in there lol

Thanks

Joker51

Before spending any money, you might want to beef up the install job first take a vist to this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/579338-how-do-i-get-bass-out-my-door-speakers.html

Will definitely improve your midrange and midbass from your speakers

with those subs you might just want to change the subwoofer's enclosure's design and build to something that works with your car's peak frequency to smooth out the response.

Ok I will take a look at that thread, the box for the subs is a prefab Metra TCFPS-210 sealed subwoofer enclosure. I don't have the mathematical skills to make my own box but plan on reading up on all the box builds on here as I learn again.

thanks

Joker51

Ok went ahead an installed what I had on hand for now. Waiting on tax return to upgrade the box. Now my dash lights flicker slightly when the subs hit. Its a 99 Saturn Sl1. stock alternator and good battery. Do I need to upgrade the alternator? or would the dash light flicker be something else?

Joker51

Just do the big 3 upgrade, search it up if you have no clue what that is. You dont need a new alt for the amount of power your running. If you want, you can put a small battery to the trunk to help with the voltages some more. I'm guessing your current battery is just a lead acid battery which isn't great for running systems. Look for AGM/deep cycle marine batteries it will work a lot better.

You might want to check the voltages with a digital multi-meter first before buying anything and see if your grounds or amp settings need some work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.