Factory VW radio will not come out, anyone?

Some of them standard VW keys dont work, try the mercedes and or the bug keys.

If that is not the case i have had to break the face off of the unit to see the clips and using pick tools release them to get the radio out.

And do not use any for of screwdriver or metal tool, the VW dash paint peels off almost by itself, screwdrivers really fvck it up.

Some of them standard VW keys dont work, try the mercedes and or the bug keys.If that is not the case i have had to break the face off of the unit to see the clips and using pick tools release them to get the radio out.

And do not use any for of screwdriver or metal tool, the VW dash paint peels off almost by itself, screwdrivers really fvck it up.
by breaking do you mean destroying the radio? Cause I just need to get to the antenna behind it to install an fm modulator, not doing a radio swap

by breaking do you mean destroying the radio? Cause I just need to get to the antenna behind it to install an fm modulator, not doing a radio swap
Well in that case dont break it lol, find another antenna junction somewhere else, look in the kicks as well as both a pillars as being a roof mount antenna that is most likely the route those chose to get it there.

Sometimes you get lucky and find somewhere you dont even need an antenna adapter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.