Factory Bose System Rewiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

jamesonm1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, I recently purchased a 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE with the 6 speaker Bose system. I am planning on installing my Sony XAV-AX1000 with my Kenwood X301-4 amp and Kenwood (KFCX694) speakers (installed in boxes). My plan is to rewire the speakers with better gauge speaker wire to the amp and completely bypass the factory Bose stuff. The Amp is 4 channel (so only 4 speakrso I was wondering if there was a way to have 6 speakers total working, 4 connected to the amp and the other pair somehow just running off the receiver. Or maybe I can run the front and rear door speakers off 2 channels and then the Kenwood speakers off the other 2? Then I'm not sure what to do with the tweeters. Thanks.

You can power 4 speakers off 2 channels, you'll just combine the front right tweeter with the front right door speaker and the front left tweeter with the front left speaker. Before that though, what are the 2 tweeters you're wanting to include? There may be other ways to go about it that work better for you.

You can power 4 speakers off 2 channels, you'll just combine the front right tweeter with the front right door speaker and the front left tweeter with the front left speaker. Before that though, what are the 2 tweeters you're wanting to include? There may be other ways to go about it that work better for you.
Well currently I have 6 factory speakers total. I was just going to disconnect the tweeters and leave them. Then I wanted to put the front and rear door speakers on 2 channels. Right front door speaker with the right rear door speaker on 1 channel and the same for the left.

Well currently I have 6 factory speakers total. I was just going to disconnect the tweeters and leave them. Then I wanted to put the front and rear door speakers on 2 channels. Right front door speaker with the right rear door speaker on 1 channel and the same for the left.

God I hate how Sony hides all their power ratings on their website, annoying bs. You literally have to go into the manual to find out the RMS values lol, it's not on the specs.

Page 20. So here's what I'm thinking, you can either use your head unit to power the tweeters with its 20w RMS, or you can series a resistor with the tweeters and then link it to the front door in parallel, changing the resistance until their noise level is matched. I personally think using the Sony's internal amp for just the tweeters is the easier and less headache solution. That way the relationship between the volume of the tweeters and the other speakers will be determined by the settings on the amp. I'm not sure if you'll have to baby those tweeters, if so you might need to just send the rear speaker RCAs to the amp and use "2 channel input, 4 channel output mode", that way you can use your high pass filter settings inside the head unit to keep them safe from low tones that your amp may want to try and reproduce.

God I hate how Sony hides all their power ratings on their website, annoying bs. You literally have to go into the manual to find out the RMS values lol, it's not on the specs.

Page 20. So here's what I'm thinking, you can either use your head unit to power the tweeters with its 20w RMS, or you can series a resistor with the tweeters and then link it to the front door in parallel, changing the resistance until their noise level is matched. I personally think using the Sony's internal amp for just the tweeters is the easier and less headache solution. That way the relationship between the volume of the tweeters and the other speakers will be determined by the settings on the amp. I'm not sure if you'll have to baby those tweeters, if so you might need to just send the rear speaker RCAs to the amp and use "2 channel input, 4 channel output mode", that way you can use your high pass filter settings inside the head unit to keep them safe from low tones that your amp may want to try and reproduce.
Okay connecting the tweeters sounds like the best and easiest solution, would just 14 or 12 gauge wire be fine for those?

Yeah either of those is fine. You can also use the car's speaker wires if you get the wiring harness on the back of the head unit correct. No need to upgrade those, they're usually high quality 12 or 14 tinned copper which is pretty good stuff.

Yeah either of those is fine. You can also use the car's speaker wires if you get the wiring harness on the back of the head unit correct. No need to upgrade those, they're usually high quality 12 or 14 tinned copper which is pretty good stuff.
Sounds good, thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.