Factory amp on a 2000 camaro?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Either behind the spare (should see two large plugs going to it), or in the right hand rear quarter panel. Sorry, I forget //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Well its my sisters car and I just put in a HU, with a sub, sub amp, and a 2 channel amp along with some comps for the front that I am in the middle of. The amps are running off of preamp outs. I had run a couple of 14augs from the 2 channel amp to the factory harness to keep from having to fish wire through the doors but realized that it had a factory amp on it once I took the door panel off and tested it with a meter. So now as far as the comps go I am just going to go ahead and home run it like I should have to begin with. As far as the rear speakers I will probably just go ahead and leave the factory amp wired up the way it is since it has 2 sets of rear speaker (1 set highs & 1 set mid bass) with a crossover in the factory amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.