F150 Ext Cab Box build help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

E-Rock
10+ year member

Bass of All Basses
Boise, ID
So about a month ago I got a new 2013 F150 Supercab. I want to help get some ideas for a box build, since I will be toying with the idea of attempting to install a system in it.

Here is what I'm working with:

f150foldrear.jpg

Not a whole lot of room, I just want to run a single sub in the section with the 40 seat folded up. I moved my front passenger seat forward a few inches so it's not all the way back. The measurements I took are roughly: 18''L*x20Wx26H. (*= Distance from top of folded seat, straight to the back of the front seat.) The bottom clearance is about 22'' from the bottom to the front seat.

I have those pesky seat supports that take up some room. But I was thinking about possibly using them to secure the box by bolting the box to them. Then I can remove the box if I need to use the seat.

Here is something I drew up really quick since I don't want to waste time figuring things out on ISD:

subboxdesignsf150.jpg

Since the top box goes in front of the supports, it would be small. So then I figured I could use the supports to my advantage and drew up the L-shaped box on the bottom. I just wasn't sure where the port could go. I'll leave it up to one of the designers on here to help make an optimum choice. Actually, I'm not even sure that Sub Up, Port Side is the best choice. I've heard so many suggestions for extended cabs. I was just thinking that loading off the passenger suicide door would help.

Here is the last question: I have a 15'' SSA DCON right now. Would that fit in the dimensions I gave? I feel like it would be on the small side for enclosure requirements. I guess I could go sealed if I needed to. Since SPL isn't my goal, I want more SQ or SQL. Just something louder than the sealed 10 I had in the trunk of my previous car. After adding comps and amping them, they really drowned out that sub.

If that sub doesn't work, I will maybe buy a 12'' Bravox from PE to use in the meantime. I'm not looking at using a ton of power, yet. Just 125x2 to the comps and ~400-600 to the sub. (75x2 drowned out the sealed 10 that was receiving 600rms.) So I feel that ported would be a better choice. I also probably wont use all 125x2 for the comps, I may have to reduce the gain since I plan on getting some JBL MS-62c's.

2 8s under the seats would be much cleaner IMO...
Perhaps... Do you mean just under the 40 seat or the 60 seat? I have thought about using 8's before since that seems to be the new fad. I just feel that the box I drew up would be a little different from the common under-seat boxes.

under the whole dern thing lol. you could maybe even fit four...
There lies the problem with the seat supports. I'd have to split the box up and the chambers might be all messed up. 2 8's would have more cone area than a 10. I might even go with 3 8's under the 60. I'm not sure if I have the height and depth for a proper box. I'll take some measurements a little later. But like I said, I wouldn't mind a different route than common under-seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.