expectations too high???? or is something not right??

Participant count
  • Participant list

johnsonboys

Senior VIP Member
I have an 03 f350 crew cab, I have my front stage running off a rf 360.2 amp roughtly 90-100 to each side . I was running a AQ 6.5 with AQ x-over and jbl titanium tweets . It was ok but not what I was expecting . I switched it out with the hertz dieci 6.5 and hertz tweet , sound is noticeably better. It is still not as loud as I would expect . Next I may try throwing in either the cheesy hertz x-over or the image dynamics x-overs I have coming . Is this going to be a help or is my option going to be to throw in my rainbow mid crossovers and add another either 6.5 or 8in mid to the set to get the level I'm seeking ?

I have an 03 f350 crew cab, I have my front stage running off a rf 360.2 amp roughtly 90-100 to each side . I was running a AQ 6.5 with AQ x-over and jbl titanium tweets . It was ok but not what I was expecting . I switched it out with the hertz dieci 6.5 and hertz tweet , sound is noticeably better. It is still not as loud as I would expect . Next I may try throwing in either the cheesy hertz x-over or the image dynamics x-overs I have coming . Is this going to be a help or is my option going to be to throw in my rainbow mid crossovers and add another either 6.5 or 8in mid to the set to get the level I'm seeking ?
How did you treat/seal the doors?

I sealed the face of the door and around the woofer behind the panel, I can turn it up and with my volume all the way up yes you can still some what hold a conversation it sounds good and pretty clear. I think I'm going to work on changing around the placement and imaging a bit to see if it will help. I have a biddy who has virtually the same truck but with the 4x6 2 way Memphis in stock locations on a Memphis 50x4 and it's by far louder. Next step is to I guess add another either 6.5 or do a 8in with a 6.5 and the tweet up at the top or the door panel where the morrow mounts. That's how i have it now , 6.5 in stock location with the tweet on the panel where the mirror mounts. The tweets virtually point directly at you . the tweets do not cross one another's path at any point. Is this something i should change. Should I have my tweets both aim at a generalized area as opposed to having the pass tweet point at the pass and the driver at the driver ?

you might want to re tune your system. If you can get to max volume level then that itself isnt good. Generally about 80% and above there is going to be a dirty signal feeding the amps so output wont be that great. Set it up so max volume is 75% of the overall volume range of the stereo and that should help. You just have to remember to stay below 75% on the volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.