Need help with internal car amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

XxTwistyxX

Hello all,

This is my first post and currently i have been driving around for about a year with no audio, and im getting sick of it. The local repair shop says that my cars internal amplifier has gone out they offered to replace it for a few hundred or so dollars. I currently am driving a 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T that comes with the Infinity 7 speaker sound system, i have updated the head unit from stock as i wanted something with MP3 capabilities. I would love to get some information on what options i have with this, and being someone who likes to work on his car, i would like to do it myself if at all possible. Looked around the internet but mainly just getting ads and what not. Can anybody help me? Can i bypass my internal amplifier by disconnecting it and running a wire harness to another car amplifier?

Did the local shop actually dig in and find out that the amp is bad or just guessing? I would first run through all the fuses in the vehicle with a dmm and make sure all are good first. Then pop the deck out make sure the remote out still has power. Then I would access the amp plug and test there to make sure it has power and that nothing is shorting out causing the amp not to function properly. Then I would say you have a bad amp, unless the shop already did. That being said it would be possible to run the speaker outputs from the factory amp to an aftermarket amp location to bypass the factory system. However with the 7 speaker system you would need a 7 ch amplifier to make all the speakers work without have to do some more complicated wiring. If you could budget it I would consider just upgrading the 4 corners and add an aftermarket sub to the equation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.