Excelon or non-Excelon...need an expert opinion

Cool, thanks for all the help. Maybe I'll buy that amp with the money I'll save on those head units. Lol
i know u saying u don't want sub but if u do get amp u could get that ppi it's pretty strong, run 2 channel to doors (or doors and dash at 2ohm) run rears off hu (it has to have xover on it mine does so they would be protected) bridge rear 2 channels to 1 low end sub in sealed box u can get fair sub cheap box for like $100 ($55 pioneer maybe) round out the sound alot.. they'll kill me but these guys are so jaded used to 3k rms on subs they need 100-300rms per speakers but my hu with the hp xover on speakers it's very loud and i have a sub., it ain't like what these guys have but get hu set xover maybe just don't even run the dash or the rears (i'd leave rears off) and see how it sounds with just hu if speakers are loud get a $100 sub with ppi1k mono amp or get a ct sounds package with amp sub and box for $150 as long as u have xover on speakers with a sub it'll sound better than without sub..

Last edited by a moderator:
i know u saying u don't want sub but if u do get amp u could get that ppi it's pretty strong, run 2 channel to doors (or doors and dash at 2ohm) run rears off hu (it has to have xover on it mine does so they would be protected) bridge rear 2 channels to 1 low end sub in sealed box u can get fair sub cheap box for like $100 ($55 pioneer maybe) round out the sound alot..
It would be better to just get a ppi 900.5 5 channel instead.

Thx for all the input...I will def have to think about it for sure...just wish subs didn't have to take up sooo much space. Though about maybe some free air subs but there is no way I can fit them under the seats.

It would be better to just get a ppi 900.5 5 channel instead.
yeah but again if his highs are a loud as mine are off hu w/xover and he already don't wanta buy this stuff, just trying to give him best sounding simplest to install cheapest option., keep in mind just your kick panel mids are twice what he needs as a sub lol

Thx for all the input...I will def have to think about it for sure...just wish subs didn't have to take up sooo much space. Though about maybe some free air subs but there is no way I can fit them under the seats.
no don't do that.. dude u better off to just get a 12" wedge truck box (usually .85cf) takes up very little space and run it off 2-300 rms and the 4 or 5 channel will give u more control as in u can run rear speakers off hu (withhp xover) and doors and dash off 2 channels (or 4 channels of amp) and sub off 5th or rear 2 channels of 4 channel.. get the hu with xover see how it sounds (with xovers at like 80-120 hz on door and rear) if not loud enough for u get 4 or 5 channel for them and u can run all 6 speakers and get sub., that 12 in small box will make 10x more bass than mid will.. thats y the biggest sell we had at shop i worked at was a truck package (had one in wifes truck0 4 channel powers speakers with 2 channels and rear 2 bridged to sub in truck box hers sounded great wasn't stupid loud cause it was just like 50x4 amp but had good what these guys would call midbass.. https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-i640-5-Full-Range-Bridgeable/dp/B00GJBAM84/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1491431264&sr=1-19&keywords=5+channel+amp

View attachment 26556118 a bit off subject but i just installed a double din into my kids 2001 blazer today...kind of a trial run for my blazer...turned out pretty sweet. keep in mind all 2001 blazers came with that horriblee 1.5 din delco radio.

i got the dash bezel

head unit kenwood ddx24bt

wiring harness

metra install kit

and back up camera for $300.00!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.