Kenwood Excelon X705 Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey guys, this thing has a pretty decent crossover, I have the mids set to 70+ hz but I haven't messed with the 13 band eq yet. Does anyone have a decent starting eq setup they like? I figure this would sound way better than just the standard bass mid treb controls.

Hey guys, this thing has a pretty decent crossover, I have the mids set to 70+ hz but I haven't messed with the 13 band eq yet. Does anyone have a decent starting eq setup they like? I figure this would sound way better than just the standard bass mid treb controls.
Just gotta play with it. The 13 band in my Kenwood is pretty decent. Just play some music, not too loud and just start at the top and work left. One EQ band at a time. Take it all the way up, all the way down until it sounds right. Then move to the next one... and the next.

Just gotta play with it. The 13 band in my Kenwood is pretty decent. Just play some music, not too loud and just start at the top and work left. One EQ band at a time. Take it all the way up, all the way down until it sounds right. Then move to the next one... and the next.
Appreciate it, last good system I had was back in the late 90's. Had a pretty sweet Alpine 13 band under my head unit. It was so easy, just push the slider up and down lol. This thing you +- each frequency, same thing, just digital and more drawn out imo.

Last edited:
I see why you have 12K posts.

The band is relative to all, but here is a pretty solid game plan. It's not about changing one at a time, there is a range you should work at together, and know why.
EQ-Chart2-1280x778.jpg

Figure out what range your subs are, and bump those up a little, (assuming you have those low frequency ranges filtered out of the rest of the speakers). If your subs can only do 25, then turn 20 off if its not filtered out.

Anything over 10K is non-vocals, and the real high pitched tingy, like cymbals. Those I try to get rid of, because they just hurt my ears after a little while of it cranked up. Unless you like classical and appreciate cringing at low volumes, those can most likely go. Do you eat a lemon a week to keep up your pucker? Then you probably don't need the equivalent sound either.

Personally, deep sub bass is easy to figure out, and then to tune out the highs. Then go back down, to the bass sound range. After that pick a range and work the range on a few songs.

The band is relative to all, but here is a pretty solid game plan. It's not about changing one at a time, there is a range you should work at together, and know why.
EQ-Chart2-1280x778.jpg

Figure out what range your subs are, and bump those up a little, (assuming you have those low frequency ranges filtered out of the rest of the speakers). If your subs can only do 25, then turn 20 off if its not filtered out.

Anything over 10K is non-vocals, and the real high pitched tingy, like cymbals. Those I try to get rid of, because they just hurt my ears after a little while of it cranked up. Unless you like classical and appreciate cringing at low volumes, those can most likely go. Do you eat a lemon a week to keep up your pucker? Then you probably don't need the equivalent sound either.

Personally, deep sub bass is easy to figure out, and then to tune out the highs. Then go back down, to the bass sound range. After that pick a range and work the range on a few songs.
That's bad azz bro, thanks for the starting curve, I will try it out. And that was a very good read, i was in depth in some Damore stuff when I saw this lol.

Meaning?

The information I gave is because I am familiar with Kenwoods Eq's in their head units. I use them myself. Adjusting the EQ as I suggested will make it obvious what frequency range he is in when adjustments begin. I didn't post any pictures or beginning settings purposely as mimicking someone else's curve is not a good idea. I don't know what power he has, speakers he has, car...

Here, this is from the X705's manual.

Ken-EQ.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...