Escape to Bass - Build

Are the Ti's harsh? Mine are still new in the box.
A little. Very detailed and accurate though. I’ve always thought that titanium’s are for home use, since you’re typically much further away, and soft/silk domes work better in the car where they’re 3 feet away. I had these and some 4 inch midbass speakers lying around waiting for a home stereo project I’m doing, so I threw them in the car to check them out.

Even with the soft domes I have them angled a little towards the glass. With the titanium dome tweeters I would angle them a little more even.
08BF040D-BD9B-407A-A80A-A9DF7E34927A.jpeg

Mine are going to be in pods mounted vertically above the Kappa 300m's. There gonna be beaming right at my face lol. I will probably use the DD's tweets, they sound great and are silk.
I’m eventually moving mine to the top of the door panel, but I’m likely going to do 3 way active at the same time instead of 2 way. I think it sounds best with a silk tweeter firing from the door right in front of my face towards the passenger and vise versa.

I have been looking for midbass/midrange speakers and looking at the interior (doors) of the Escape and considering options for the mids and highs.

How does this sound? I have found some awesome looking and spec'd 6.5" speakers by Wavcor and discovered my A-Pillar side mirror bolt covers on the doors have gobs of room to mount just about any normal car audio tweeter flush. I was thinking 75-80w into the Wavecor speakers then splitting off of them into my DD soft domes or the Dayton Ti domes pictured with the caps pictured inline to the tweeters. Would I need more than just the 15uF 100v caps to protect the tweeters?

Wavecor-6-5-4ohm.jpg

WC-2.jpg

WC-3.jpg

20210930-150948.jpg

I can't stand it. I hooked up my subs to an amplifier and I am running my door speakers off the head unit power. Head unit power is not clean by a long shot. Subs sound great but those new 6x8's are being tortured. Guess I will go ahead and run some more RCA cables and speaker wires and throw the other amp in.
Ya man.. HU power generally No Bueno.. I amplify all my speakers. In -Dash Pre-amp EQ helps and works very nicely to tune any song on the fly after amp settings

Ya man.. HU power generally No Bueno.. I amplify all my speakers. In -Dash Pre-amp EQ helps and works very nicely to tune any song on the fly after amp settings
I think Alpine powerpaks are the way to go. Either that or RoFo's inline speaker amplifiers; those are a game-changer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...