Escape to Bass - Build

You could find a good subframe if you want to.

Easily and for only a few hundred bucks. Hell I could of sold him one. The real question is why do you keep buying piece of **** cars? How did you not know the thing was a rust bucket? And now the turd you just bought. I hear ya bro. ( Musta found some new pics wink wink)

Nevermind I remember the whole mono leaf thing now. Makes sense.

I own the Escape outright. The dealership is near my work. The bulk of the rust was hidden inside the sub-frame and the mounts for it. They found a used sub-frame and wanted $500 for it + $2,500 for the work. That's $3K for a vehicle that I paid $3.25K for. The rust wasn't just at the sub-frame though and I wouldn't have felt safe driving it much longer. This is what happens when lazy people drive in snow on salted roads and never wash the snow and salt from under their vehicles.

This car has no rust in any important areas. Gets MUCH better gas mileage (I drive 53 miles round trip a day for work) and has even less mileage than the Escape.

Yes, I have already ordered the DD dash kit and wire harness for the radio. I will be pulling all my stuff out of the Escape Friday. My sound deadening was going to go in the Escape when it gets warmer outside so now I will just do the doors on the Elantra instead.

I once bought a Honda Civic for 400$ while high on cocaine and stranded in a crap hole town, Greeley Colorado. I think I made it 36 miles before the CV joint went out on the highway.

The rusty vehicle isn't your issue... OWNING the rusty vehicle is your issue. I've certainly bought problematic vehicles before, but i don't call the sellers lazy because of it.
I understand your view but to me they are 100% lazy. I know that salt left in the undercarriage of a vehicle promotes rust. It's like people who drive and don't change their oil, their spark plugs, their washer fluid, air filter, cabin filter, O2 sensors. Washing a car is one of the most simple things you can do to maintain your ride. Most drive through car washes have an undercarriage wash. These are the people who just put gas in it and drive, with their high beams on, thinking a car will just run forever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...