Escape to Bass - Build

Why not just use Stinger 9 Wire? Ford & Stinger wiring can handle that 4 channel you have and makes everything a ton easier. Did it on mine and I'm running 150 watts through those wires with no issues at all right now on the pair of 6.5" CDT Mid Bass that will be changed out to Stevens Audio MB-6 Midbass. Also have a set of Rockford Fosgate P1683's sitting here as well I can drop down to you as well for like 10 bucks plus the shipping. I have no use for them anymore. I just gotta take them out of the rear doors as I have two sets sitting here and a set of Memphis 6X8's as well. Thinking of upgrading anyways.
I thought about the 9 wire stuff. Still in the planning stage. The 6x8's though would just be 1-way midbass with my mids and highs on the dash in pods. Thank you for the offers though.

That 9 Wire from Stinger made things 1000 times easier with the remote wire and everything in one casing. Was well worth the 30 bucks I paid for something like 20-25 feet of it. And no problem at all.

I can't stand it. I hooked up my subs to an amplifier and I am running my door speakers off the head unit power. Head unit power is not clean by a long shot. Subs sound great but those new 6x8's are being tortured. Guess I will go ahead and run some more RCA cables and speaker wires and throw the other amp in.

Re-routed my bass knob cable and mounted the bass knob. I also used my brothers 1Tb WD My Passport usb HD and loaded that thing with as much music as I could today. Took a strip of hook and loop fastener (hook strip) and stuck it to the bottom of the HD then mounted the drive near the firewall behind the center console on the carpet. It's accessible but 100% hidden.

Well, got some good news today. I was offered a job closer to home making $2 more per hour. So I took it. To reward myself I bought the matching ground distribution block to my fused power block. 50ft of SkyHigh speaker wire. One more pair of RCA cables, grey to match my carpet. So as soon as these orders come on I am going to put my Soundstream amp in and amplify my front door speakers.

Next after this will be dash mounted pods for the Kappa 300m's and either the DD tweeters or my Dayton 25mm Ti tweeters, probably the DD's. They are broken in. Then I need to find some midbass for the doors.

The ground block below. 0awg in 2 - 4awg out. The fused one is identical except mini anl fuses.

Attachments

• Ground block.jpg
    Ground block.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 81
I just finished making my pods for my Dayton tweeters. I cut down a piece of 1.25 inch 45 degree PVC for plumbing. The Dayton tweeter fits almost perfectly in it. Spent 4$…..I’m a cheap bastard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...