enough power for PG xenon 6.5"

I just checked it and it just has 2 giant connectors comeing outta the side. So I have no idea whether its 2 or 4 channel. I have 2 rear fill speakers in the back if that matters at all.
These are my thoughts. Save up untill your ready to replace everything. You can find a good 2-4 channel amp for a good price.

i also had the xenon 6.5s.....mine did the same thing as brandon's. one of my woofers just quit working out of the blue. although i had 170x2 powering them. they took it w/ ease and i think they could have easily taken more. if you dont have a decent external amp....more than 50 watts then i wouldnt buy them. im scrappin mine and buyin coaxials because i dont feel like mounting tweets.

couple things to watch out for.

Those stock "amps" that come with cars dont always run on the same impedance as aftermarket speakers. Make sure it can safely run your xeons before you buy em.

As for the sensitivity thing, there is no standard for that rating. You will see lots of **** products (low end sony comes to mind) that state they're speakers have a sens of 93db, yet sound not only like ass, but nowhere near the same loudness of a quality speaker with lower sens rating.

i also had the xenon 6.5s.....mine did the same thing as brandon's. one of my woofers just quit working out of the blue. although i had 170x2 powering them. they took it w/ ease and i think they could have easily taken more. if you dont have a decent external amp....more than 50 watts then i wouldnt buy them. im scrappin mine and buyin coaxials because i dont feel like mounting tweets.
YES!! finally someone else who doesnt think xenons are god!!

Anyway, Bballer, if you really want to try it, its not gonna hurt anything.

This is gonna sound akward after all the bashing i did on xenons, but i have a pair to sell if you want them. They are the 5.25 version, but come with the adapters you need to use them in a 6.5" application the sound difference between the two sizes really is negligible.

Dont worry, they are brand new, i tossed my blown ones long ago. i bought two pairs when i bought them becasue i had another project i was going to use them for..

Ill give em to you for 65 shipped, i bought them for 100+ shipping, im not sure what they are selling for now.

Might be good anyways, this way you can try them out and if you hate em, then youll only be down 65 bucks.

lemmee know.

I am reading that pheonix gold x6.5 are amazing for the $$$. My concern is I am not sending loads of power to them. I will only be sending 20 maybe 25 watts to the tweet and maybe 40 or 50 watts to the components. Will that be pretty loud? I know loud is a relative and subjective term. (loud enough for me is like music at a club) I am not looking for it quite that loud, but I think you can understand what I want. Would it be smarter to get something with a little high sensitivity. xenons are like 88db. Should I get something more like 91 or 92db? My main goal is sql.
THanks
those xenons are a great little set of comps. you say x watts to the tweets and X watts to the woofer?

the crossovers arent biampable.

if you are talking about using them in an active set up 40 watts will be more then plenty for them

i have owned tons of PG gear. i run all PG gear and have knowledge of them back to when they only made accesories back in the late 80's.

mt current set up is this.

xenon 1200.1

xenon 1200.1

xenon 200.4

xenon 5.25 comp

xenon 5.25 comp

PG ti elite 6's

PG titdd 10

PG teq215x

PG tba1

PG basscube

PG interconnects and wires

2 mtx9500's soon to be swapped out for 2 kicker L7's

all this behind a custom built plexiglass set up that i did my self. i know PG gear pretty **** good

This is gonna sound akward after all the bashing i did on xenons, but i have a pair to sell if you want them. They are the 5.25 version, but come with the adapters you need to use them in a 6.5" application the sound difference between the two sizes really is negligible.
Dont worry, they are brand new, i tossed my blown ones long ago. i bought two pairs when i bought them becasue i had another project i was going to use them for..

Ill give em to you for 65 shipped, i bought them for 100+ shipping, im not sure what they are selling for now.

Might be good anyways, this way you can try them out and if you hate em, then youll only be down 65 bucks.

lemmee know.
Ummm don't sell them to anyone else yet. I might be interested in buying yours. Are they coaxials or seperate components?

couple things to watch out for.
Those stock "amps" that come with cars dont always run on the same impedance as aftermarket speakers. Make sure it can safely run your xeons before you buy em.

As for the sensitivity thing, there is no standard for that rating. You will see lots of **** products (low end sony comes to mind) that state they're speakers have a sens of 93db, yet sound not only like ass, but nowhere near the same loudness of a quality speaker with lower sens rating.
My tweets are 4 ohm, so would it be safe to assume the woofers are 4 ohm also?

Ummm don't sell them to anyone else yet. I might be interested in buying yours. Are they coaxials or seperate components?
wel they are just the xenon x5.0's... you can conver them to coaxial if you wish, or use them in a component install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.