enough power for PG xenon 6.5"

Would MB Quart RCE-216 be more suitable for my situation?
A budy of mine has that exact set.. They are ok, overall my xenons beat them all across the board imo. You just need to take some time, and properly power them, and tune them, just like with any other comp set. They are power hogs, so be sure to have some power to get them going.

A budy of mine has that exact set.. They are ok, overall my xenons beat them all across the board imo. You just need to take some time, and properly power them, and tune them, just like with any other comp set. They are power hogs, so be sure to have some power to get them going.
Which set are you saying are power hogs?

Do they beat them in volume or in volume and sound quality? i havent personally heard the 216's but i cant imagine the xenons beating them...

Do they beat them in volume or in volume and sound quality? i havent personally heard the 216's but i cant imagine the xenons beating them...
You would be suprised. The xenons had a smoother response, and a much more laid back tweet. Midrange sounds great. Only thing they are lacking is in the midbass department. You would be hard pressed to beat the xenons for the price, but thats just my opinion.

If u decide to go with them, i suggest you deaden the crap out of your doors. Remember tuning can go on for months with a system. Atleast i did with mine.

another big gripe i have with the xenons is that the crossovers are all in one brick for both speakers, WTF are you supposed to do with that thing?

will 3db of sensitivity really make that much of a difference? I mean the MB rce216 are 90db and PG xenon are 87db. I just dont wanna be dissappointed with the volume level.

will 3db of sensitivity really make that much of a difference? I mean the MB rce216 are 90db and PG xenon are 87db. I just dont wanna be dissappointed with the volume level.
With a good amount of power, i wouldnt even look at the efficiency rating. Just dnt plan on running it with 50 watts and being happy.

50 watts with xenons will sound a whole lot better than my half blown components that I have right now, no? All I want is it to not sound bad. Ideally I would love to have it sound amazing, but priorities are a little different at the moment.

know of a good place to buy them? ebay doesnt have the 6.5 and uscaraudio is the cheapeast place i found.

if you want the truth, your amp will probably be giving the speakers 15-25 RMS, they will run and probably sound OK, but dont prepare to be amazed.

A new amp should be your next priority

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.