enough power for PG xenon 6.5"

bballer123
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am reading that pheonix gold x6.5 are amazing for the $$$. My concern is I am not sending loads of power to them. I will only be sending 20 maybe 25 watts to the tweet and maybe 40 or 50 watts to the components. Will that be pretty loud? I know loud is a relative and subjective term. (loud enough for me is like music at a club) I am not looking for it quite that loud, but I think you can understand what I want. Would it be smarter to get something with a little high sensitivity. xenons are like 88db. Should I get something more like 91 or 92db? My main goal is sql.

THanks

I am powering them with my stock amp that came with my car ('03 santa fe). it says like 216 watts?

I should be using the crossover right? I dont want the components to play anything under 80hz. I have a type-r that will punch the lows.

i if you havent bought those yet, i suggest you dont, mine were terrible. they never sounded good, then after about 2 month one mid stopped working, then a tweeter blew... ick!

After i blew those, i switched back to my mbquart coaxials that i had been using for 2 years prior to the xenons. Not only did they not blow up in over two years, but the sound way better that the PG's ever did.

I suggest MB quart for sure. if their coaxial are that good, i imagine their comps are great!

i if you havent bought those yet, i suggest you dont, mine were terrible. they never sounded good, then after about 2 month one mid stopped working, then a tweeter blew... ick!
How much power were you feeding them?

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Mine sound fantastic.. If you plan on using the amp in your car, then i suggest you look elsewhere. Ide run atleast 100 to the xenon set. I run a xenon 200.2 to my 5.25 set.

I have about 85 RMS from the ZX6400, but it was all level matched and tuned so it was prolly less than that.

I almost felt like it was my fault somehow, but i treated them no different than the MB quarts and those have been going for years!

my freind also has a set running on an orion 4002? i think--- his is supposed to be 100 RMSx2 and he doesnt like his much either, they just dont have great sound quality, he is in the market for some

MB quarts after hearing my coaxials....LOL

Mine sound fantastic.. If you plan on using the amp in your car, then i suggest you look elsewhere. Ide run atleast 100 to the xenon set. I run a xenon 200.2 to my 5.25 set.
Would MB Quart RCE-216 be more suitable for my situation?

im not sure of the specifics on this amp that came with the car, but is it actually an external amp or are you just talking about the Head unit?

You really should upgrade to an aftermarket amp eventually...

no its an actual external amp that is underneath the front passenger seat. Yeah I know I should upgrade to something better, but there are just a few too many things that I want before a new multi-channel amp.

Well if it is actually an external amp, chances are it will still be leaps and bounds better than the amps in even a high end head unit, So i would go ahead and give it a shot. i think the MB's would be less power hungry than the PG's, but i hate to be the only opinion influencing you to buy these... if you dont like them i dont want to be to blame... i dont think you wont like them though... i have yet to hear any mb quarts that i didnt like, infact my favorite components to date were MB quarts (signature line, 1000$)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.