Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two

Pioneer = teh ghey.

I have a 6900UB on layaway where I work, and after reading this I'm reconsidering. On a side note, that wire wrapping method is kinda ugly, would it be possible to solder a short piece to the RCA and ground it? I think it would look a bit better. Or ground it from inside the unit using a similar method.

does it overly matter how it looks if its on the back of ur deck or since its mountaid into ur dash notlike anyones gunna see it , its just gunna be ur dirty lil secret //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

lol @ "dirty lil secret"

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

But yes, Pioneer is a good brand in my opinion, and the stuff they put it is very nice, not garbage; but some attention to detail isnt there.

Just did they 10 minutes ago,everything works fine now. A couple months back I installed a kicker refurb amp and immediately it was making ground noise. I had a shop check it out and they installed an inline rca filter and it was temporarily fixed for about 2 weeks until the amp blew,and a little ground noise was still there. I sent the amp in for repairs thinking it was a bad amp since it was a refurb,but last night installed a brand new us amps for my speakers and immediately I had the same ground noise problem but it wasnt as bad as before,I upgraded the ground to the amp and it didnt help and I immediately thought of this thread. Didnt have time to fix the problem last night cause it was getting late but its all good now. I figured I'd join in and post up cause theres gotta be more people out there that are skeptical.

how does this engine whine supposed to sound, cuz i get this fffffffff noise from the moment i start, and it didnt use to do it when i did my system...just happened after a few hours....thx

I just grounded the rcas to my HU on my Pioneer P5700 Indash DVD and it worked perfect. Oh btw I did it during my 30min lunch break. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif thanks for the info

i know the wire routing works. ive installed a couple friends systems again after another person did because of engine/alternator noise. just put rcas on one side of the car power on the other and it was fixed.

tell me thats not proof.

i know the wire routing works. ive installed a couple friends systems again after another person did because of engine/alternator noise. just put rcas on one side of the car power on the other and it was fixed.
tell me thats not proof.
Sometimes even that isnt enough to get rid of the whine, just did this today and WOW!! it really works!! not a single hiss or pop

Ok lets see if anyone can tell me why the heck I still have a ground loop. I tried installing an amp after I had a Pioneer Avic Z-1 in my truck for a while. I had RCAs and Remote Wire connected to HU already, just waiting for the day i installed my amp so I wouldnt have to drag the HU out again to install them. I never had engine whine before. So I install the amp, and then I get engine whine. I proceed to remove everything, amp, power wire, remote wire, RCAs. (tucked away the RCAs and remote wire where they used to be) and I STILL have engine whine, even though there is no amplifier in the system anymore. Did the RCAs get screwey during the install? I ordered some Stinger Bullet series interconnects, and running down the opposite side of the truck hoping that fixes the problem, but im wondering why Im still getting it if there is no more amplifier hooked up to my system.

I thought I had a blown channel on my amp (engine whine, and one of the channels didn't work) did this and it solved my issues!
Wish I would've tried this before sending my amp back after one of the channels stopped working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I grounded my RCA's today after installing a Rockford 201s for my front stage (which had some engine whine issues) and it completely got rid of all the engine whine. I'm so happy now that I don't to put up with it anymore.

Thanks CarAudio Community!!

I don't understand how placing wire around the shields of the rca plugs are going to fix the whine problem. I have a pioneer deh-p680mp and have all of the same problems people are describing. I removed my head unit and decided to place an ohm meter on the shield of the rca plugs on the head unit and then the other probe on the chasis screw and there was no resistance difference. So from an electrical standpoint you are not gaining anything by placing the wire around the rca's. So maybe I am missing something. Could some explain how this helps as I may be missing something. I agree that pioneer should isolate the shields of the rca's from the chasis. I ran the rca's down the middle of my Ford explorer to the amps and the power wires down the driver side of the truck so they are no where near each other. Any help would be appreicated to try and get rid of this problem. It is annoying!!!!!!

Thanks

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...