Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two

Hello y'all (my first post)!!!

I was referred to this thread because I just purchased a Pioneer DEH-P6900UB (have yet to receive it, and of course I find out about this whine issue after I bought the unit), and I **** sure don't want whining from my head unit.

It appears as if the grounding of the RCAa are the culprit??? Does this mean the whining only occurs when an amp is use with the system and the RCAoutlets of the head are in use? Does this still happen when only the head unit is driving speakers w/o amp and subs?

As of now, I plan to do the wrap around ground prior to install anyways because I sure don't want to have to rip it back out to do this mod. But would it be a good idea (can you even do it w/o issue) to vampire clip another ground wire to the harness ground wire and attach it to the frame somewhere (can you have more than one ground lead?).

Please help me understand,

Tom

You can have more than one ground, and apparantly most pioneer decks need them. I just bought a pio 880 and it had rca problems and whine. I hope its fixed when I get it back or Ill have to do the rca ground trick, which In my opinion makes pioneer look bad.

Buddur, the 6900UB is a sweet deck, bumps loud and I love the USB connection!

Question for you guys about my engine whine:

I have power and RCA on opposite sides of my car. Under my rear seats, I have the RCA's and power meet up, and run side by side for about 2 feet until they hit the amp. Where the wires meet, is directly above the fuel pump.

Could the wires close proximity to the fuel pump be causing this?

Just wanted to update on my Pioneer 6900-UB engine whine problem.

I grounded the chassis of the deck to some metal behind the dash and the noise got worse, the deck started ticking as well as whining. I took the custom ground off and the ticking went away.

Installed a PAC ground loop isolator on one of the RCA's going to my 4 channel amp and the noise COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED!

Success! Noise gone completely. I'm glad, because I like the deck and i'm already used to navigating through the menu.

Ground Loop Isolator is the easy-way out. Not the proper way to resolve the alternator whine. Try to re-ground to chassis, directly to battery, ground your rca's. My 880 i thought had an alt whine issue, re-grounded to chassis and it went away.

Ground Loop Isolator is the easy-way out. Not the proper way to resolve the alternator whine. Try to re-ground to chassis, directly to battery, ground your rca's. My 880 i thought had an alt whine issue, re-grounded to chassis and it went away.
Um lets see. He applied isolator and noise went away without any noticeable negative effects. Can someone please explain exactly why this "easy way out" isn't good? I don't see why not. If it rids the noise without blowing components, then ****ing do it.

my D3 also has these whining and buzzing problems, after moving grounds to different car chassis spots still no improvements. I want to try grounding the RCA cables. Do i need to ground un-used RCA connectors that are already capped?

I just did the trick similar to AJ²06's on my DEH-6800MP...and it worked like a charm!

The noise popped up today out of nowhere while I was messing with my amp settings. Noisy to Clear, All in a days work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif THANKS FOR THE THREAD!!

Hi-Res here and low-res below.

It was difficult to hold and tension the wire while I screwed it down.

1000668kw3.jpg

1000672eb2.jpg

1000674nd3.jpg

I have a 4800mp with the same rca grounding problem.

How do you ground the rca's inside the chassis like they should be?

Maybe I should open up a Jensen to see how a properly

built head unit is wired? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...