Engine Noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

Glen22

We have had a loud noise that happens when the car/engine is cold for only about 10 seconds, and then goes away. I am not sure if the noise is coming from our speakers, or if it is actually a mechanical problem. It sounds like a loud engine vibration. We bought our car last year, and then later found out it had blown speakers and had tons of wires that were wired to an amp. We got the speakers replaced, and the wiring out, and everything put back to factory, and now are having a loud noise. Like I said, the noise happens only when he engine is cold and happens when it gets around 1400-1800 rpms, and then will last for 10 to 15 seconds and won't happen again until the next time I start the car. I have turned the radio off and the noise still persists. I called the shop where we had our speakers replaced, and they didn't think it was from the speakers. Does this sound like it could possibly be a speaker/wiring issue? I have had the car at the mechanic, and they can't figure out where the problem is coming from. Just trying to figure this out! Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.