engine audio hehehe

naws
10+ year member

to people who are really good with sound properties...

well i wanted to make my own intake and i wanted to make it louder than most aftermarket intakes....what diameter and what length do you think i should use? i know its different from every car but a good guideline.... could i like put a horn shao\pe on the end or something?

i know this is kinda stupid but i got alot of time in my hands....

oh yeah one more thing, what are really good sound canccelation devices that i could use?(for the exhaust) i want my exhaust to be really quiet almost to the point you cant heqar it in any rpm.... so when i go cruisin, all i can hear is my sound system.... but when i want to race, my intake will take over....

You want your intake to make noise? Whats the point in that? All it could possibly sound like is a whistle or a vacuum cleaner. The best thing to do with your exhaust is to get 3 chamber flowmasters. It won't be very loud at idle but has a nice tone to it at speed. If you made your exhaust that quite there would pretty much have to be a good amount of power loss. Making it quiter means adding restrictions. Restrictions slow air flow. If the engine can't push the air out as fast as it wants to then you'll have power loss.

Originally posted by naws to people who are really good with sound properties...

well i wanted to make my own intake and i wanted to make it louder than most aftermarket intakes....what diameter and what length do you think i should use? i know its different from every car but a good guideline.... could i like put a horn shao\pe on the end or something?

i know this is kinda stupid but i got alot of time in my hands....
Hehe a loud intake - I cant imagine...if you want a deep rumble I suggest headers and a new exhaust system.

I dont know how you can mae your intake louder...I'm pretty sure it would get high pitched, almost like a whistling sound.

- Steve

so you want a loud intake

but a quiet exhaust?????? WTH???

just get a exhaust or a aftermarket intake, mines sounds **** good on my focus!!!

the reason i want a loud intake is when i feel like driving aggrerssively because you only hear the intake when you floor the pedal..... the reason i want a quiet exhaust is because when im cruisin down the highway, only thing i want to hear is my system.....

intakes do not usually give excess noise when driving normally... only when you floor it....

Originally posted by naws the reason i want a quiet exhaust is because when im cruisin down the highway, only thing i want to hear is my system.....
A sound deadening material would help you out there....would reduce the noise inside the cabin a lot(so you can still have a loud exhaust).

- Steve

The only "intake" I've ever heard is the sound of turbo's and superchargers blowing air into the motor And a few engines with air leaks that whistle.

I think you're confused. If you would be able to hear your exhaust goin down the highway then you'd be able to hear this "loud" intake your wanting to.

my intake is loud going down the highway, intakes usually kick in at 2500 rpms, so anything about that you will hear it, but you won;t hear it at idle!!! trust me, get a regular intake, bigger is not always better, so get a regular intake and no idea what you gonna do about the exhaust!!!

DYNAMAT, thats the only thing i know that has been mentioned already and that will help

having an aftermarket intake does not change the sound when you're driving normally... like mediium throttle... you only hear the intake noise when the throttle is wide open

in the highway , i dont know bout you but i barely push the throttle just to keep my speed up.... and when i get a loud exhaust, there is like a droning sound on the highway which really irritates me.... loud muffler is fun for a while but after that, its annoying... especially on the highway... and would you want to sound like you're going 100 when you're going 60?

i know i did it on purpose ... I NEED NAWSSSSSSSZZZZZZ

hit the NAWSSSSZZZZZ

i just laugh at people who say NAWSSSSSSS when they mean nitrous oxide....

no im not a rice boy.... although im asian, i want clean look on my car....

nawz.jpg

- Steve:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.