Enclosure's

• Thread starter Yitzy726
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
Ported is good if tuned to your vehicle properly and typically will hit harder, but only at a certain frequency, example it might not be loud until you hit like 80hz. it is also much easier to bottom out your subs. Sealed on the other hand is pretty fail safe, It will hit hard and sound much much better. Unless you are looking to go into spl comp, then go with sealed, it sounds good with almost all types of music too.

I have had JL subs since they first came out with the w1s and I have had them in all three types of boxes the ported sounded lower and required less power but had to be bigger the band pass if tuned correctlly will give you a lot of bass too but I personally liked the sealed over all and that is what I have stuck with since the sealed is the smallest of the three only draw back is that you need sufficient power. JL makes a great sub so almost anything short of leavin them in the box they came in will sound pretty good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.