Enclosure position

OP I would still bolt it down, you have a 150lb box, you get rear ended or hit someone that thing is going to go thru the back seat, I always cringe when I see guys boxes laying in there, especially when i walk around to the front and see the kids buckled in there waiting for a wooden refrigerator to cut them in half

OP I would still bolt it down, you have a 150lb box, you get rear ended or hit someone that thing is going to go thru the back seat, I always cringe when I see guys boxes laying in there, especially when i walk around to the front and see the kids buckled in there waiting for a wooden refrigerator to cut them in half
I would find it extremely difficult for those boxes to make their way into the cabin with the way these rear seat areas are braced, these days. I literally have steel bracing that goes across the rear deck and steel plates put in behind the fabric of my Passat (was AWFUL trying to drill through them for amp mounting). Seems like the NHTSA started thinking about what the average family runs around with in their trunk and taking additional measures for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.