Enclosure position

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hi, I have an 3.5cu ft carpeted enclosure with a 15" sub and I will like to know what's the best way to secure and keep my enclosure from moving around in my 03 Maxima trunk. I've ran out of ideas, Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure nothing is under where the box is, take the sub out, put 4 screws in the bottom of the box into the floor of the trunk, put your sub back in the box!

Or if you don't want to put holes in the trunk get a bunch of velcro. Sounds funny I know. But it worked for me in the trunk of my Monte Carlo. I put an assload on the bottom of the box and it hasn't moved a whole lot.

get a sheet of mdf around 15$ for a 4x3' sheet i think should be enough depending on where yourbox is you can cut the sheet to fit wall to wall in trunk behind the wheel wells and it cant slide front or back. screw your box to it with l brackets . should be able to do this whole setup under 20$

get a sheet of mdf around 15$ for a 4x3' sheet i think should be enough depending on where yourbox is you can cut the sheet to fit wall to wall in trunk behind the wheel wells and it cant slide front or back. screw your box to it with l brackets . should be able to do this whole setup under 20$
Good idea! Carpet the wood too then mount it all. Look sweet.

Nice ideas, , I am trying to get a more simple idea, but if I can't get one here, than I'll definitely go with that...

Like said above since this is a trunk car use the old velcro trick. But do understand that if your rear seats fold down or if you are in an SUV you will want to have a more solid mounting solution. An accident with a 100lb+ box is BAD NEWS for anything in its way.

x20 for velcro. I use the "Hard side" and put 3 or 4 strips on the bottom of the box. That side will stick to most trunk carpet w/o having to use the "soft side".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.