Enclosure for PG Cyclone :)

After reading this...its amazing how many ppl think they are "into car audio" but have no clue what this is. LMAO.

Just like any other sub, it moves air...just moves it, well, a little differently.

After reading this...its amazing how many ppl think they are "into car audio" but have no clue what this is. LMAO.
Just like any other sub, it moves air...just moves it, well, a little differently.
It's VERY unique. Still havent heard it yet... waiting on the owner to get that amp!

I was talking to whomever owned the Re sub......
Oh hah ok I see what you mean. You confused me because my buddy owns an actual RE sub. Mine is an Atomic APX18, with an RE MT (I think) recone. And I am waaaay too attached to that sub to sell it haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Looks like you are ready to add some soap & water and do your laundry... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Being about 10x more efficient then a normal driver, having 250 watts on a cyclone is like having 2500 watts on a driver that has an FS around 15Hz.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Wish I had one !
haha so true. It definitely looks unique. And yes, it is fairly efficient. Wait till you guys hear how much I paid for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Does the sub have to be inverted or did you just choose to do that? Also, do these subs sound good in just a home theater application or car audio as well?
Because of the design of it's self-enclosure (the clear plastic surrounding the frame) and it's single-plane "fin", it performs the same inverted as it does normal. I could mount it normally, as there is enough space, but there is no terminal. I may add one later.

It performs great in both areas, but I believe it is more suited to HT. This is because it is not meant for SPL at all. This is not to say that SQ systems don't belong in cars, it's just that...I don't know, the Cyclone just would feel out of place imo. Or, rather, less, uh, in-place lol. But the main reason it works so well in HT is because of it's low frequency extension...where its only real rivals lie in the other two manufactured fan-like woofers. It also has a unique sound and unbelievable sound quality.

I haven't asked him in a while to see if he got his amp yet. Will do that, or maybe he will stumble across this thread again.
Hey Dustin,

Still have not got that amp yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I was ready to spend the money, but then found out I was behind two weeks ($200) in insurance. I have been living paycheck by paycheck every week...But I have a $350 sub, $300 iphone, and much more ready to be sold so I can get that amp! I would kill just to give this guy a watt of power!

God, I was one of those people haha. I didn't know what it was until I saw it on craigslist. You should have seen the look on my face haha

And for those wondering how much I got this beaut for...I'll start off with how I came upon it. This is how the story goes...

I buy and sell audio equipment on craigslist as a hobby, which means I am on it constantly, doing a general search of the electronics section. I know, there are thousands of listings, but once you get caught up, you only ending up sifting through a couple hundred every day, which isn't so bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So, I open up craigslist, and one of the first items I see is a...PG Cyclone? What the hell is that? I open it up, and entered the twilight zone...It was like nothing I had ever seen before (outside of that $10k fan-type sub), and it was local! So I did some research, and before even checking the value, I knew that I HAD to get it. Imagine what my friends would think of it! I then do some more research, seeing this one guy sell two of them almost immediately for $300 each...So I called the guy, and we met up. Turns out it was in the original box, but I could tell it had been repackaged by the owner :/ Oh well, it was the original box still, which was just awesome. So I hook it up to see if it made noise, and it did, so I bought it for...$175!!! **** yeah!

The only issue was that it had encountered the well known issue of magnet separation, where the magnet coughs up dust, which makes a scratchy noise when played. It wasn't necessarily easy to fix, but it was fun and educational, to say the least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Now she works like a charm, besides a little whistle noise it makes at higher volumes/excursions (maybe an air leak? I can't tell). I don't think it will be heard when it blends in with the music.

And for those wondering how much I got this beaut for...I'll start off with how I came upon it. This is how the story goes...
I buy and sell audio equipment on craigslist as a hobby, which means I am on it constantly, doing a general search of the electronics section. I know, there are thousands of listings, but once you get caught up, you only ending up sifting through a couple hundred every day, which isn't so bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif So, I open up craigslist, and one of the first items I see is a...PG Cyclone? What the hell is that? I open it up, and entered the twilight zone...It was like nothing I had ever seen before (outside of that $10k fan-type sub), and it was local! So I did some research, and before even checking the value, I knew that I HAD to get it. Imagine what my friends would think of it! I then do some more research, seeing this one guy sell two of them almost immediately for $300 each...So I called the guy, and we met up. Turns out it was in the original box, but I could tell it had been repackaged by the owner :/ Oh well, it was the original box still, which was just awesome. So I hook it up to see if it made noise, and it did, so I bought it for...$175!!! **** yeah!

The only issue was that it had encountered the well known issue of magnet separation, where the magnet coughs up dust, which makes a scratchy noise when played. It wasn't necessarily easy to fix, but it was fun and educational, to say the least //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Now she works like a charm, besides a little whistle noise it makes at higher volumes/excursions (maybe an air leak? I can't tell). I don't think it will be heard when it blends in with the music.
awesome. It shouldn't be an air leak from the enclosure though, that thing was sealed and has 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint lol check around the sub and box to see if you feel any type of air leaking. if so, let me know.

awesome. It shouldn't be an air leak from the enclosure though, that thing was sealed and has 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint lol check around the sub and box to see if you feel any type of air leaking. if so, let me know.
Haha no I meant from the sub itself, its' self-enclosure. I know that the box couldn't possibly be leaking any air //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.