Enclosure/budget 12

Terminal plate. Just a chopped up plastic cutting board. I usually buy the 9$ black ones at Walmart, but they were out so I got the white one and painted it. clear silicone to seal it.
8EA19D69-25EB-425D-9DB2-439F3CDFB7C3.jpeg
533B6326-36BE-4190-ADEC-43DD35DFB579.jpeg

Testing stains. Probably going with a dark red color with a semi-gloss oil based urethane. Putting in a terminal cup made from a repurposed 1/4 inch thick poly-plastic cutting board and some zinc nuts and bolts.
Do you always use terminal cups? Why not through-bolts?

Reasoning for zinc?

Only asking so i can learn.

Do you always use terminal cups? Why not through-bolts?

Reasoning for zinc?

Only asking so i can learn.
It is just a 1/4 inch sheet of plastic screwed in on the back side of the box with holes drilled in it. Same basic thing as through bolts. I just like it to be receded into a cup so it doesn’t touch anything when I move it around. Zinc is a good conductor and I have them in my bolt bin. There are a few metals that are good.

Please tell me with a box that nice that your gonna use inserts for the sub. You're not gonna just screw it down.
Lol. You pegged me. I am going to just screw this sub down. I only have 6 inserts left. This is a really temporary sub and an impulse buy from Waffle House parking lot. Just happened to meet a guy who is a dealer and he had 5 of these subs in his back seat so I picked one up.. I am listing it for sale tomorrow after I get it in. The actual sub going in this box will be a Savard Hi-Q 12. Inserts will go in with that sub.

Finished with the visor. Now to start installing stuff. The sub looks like a fairly cookie cutter 750 watt rms sub. Nothing special but it isn’t junk either. 15 mm xmax 35 HZ FS, specs are kinda in middle ground and could go either sealed or ported. When I buy a sub I generally want it to be no doubt, this one runs sealed, or this one runs ported. I don’t really like the middle ground but it looks like it will sound good either way.
AA0DDE52-226A-4E6C-AEFD-87D1F6F15673.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...