Elemental Design subs any good?

eD has good motors and sound good but beware their softparts such and will probably fail at some point sooner rather than later. As stated above though, their av subs are very nice and I have used the ov in home theater and it sounded good.

I've never ran their subs. But a few years back eD Ks used to be a pretty popular budget SQ sub around here. I heard good things about them.

I just recently got one and I can't remember the exact model but it had a flat piston type cone that looks carbon fiber and has a double stacked magnet about 8 inches in diameter. This was a ten.

This sub?

images.jpg

04-01-09_2300.jpg

Great motor, horrible soft parts.

But for $35 for two. Can't go wrong. If you don't like them just have SPLaudio recone these with good soft parts

or

if you get them and don't like them I'll give you $100 shipped just for the subs, no box, just the subs.

Edit: Just so you know, I am speaking from experience. I jumped all over the eD bandwagon back in the day. LOVED their amps, but NEVER had any luck with the subs. The 13aV2 that everyone is mentioning was probably their best sub. Great SQ sub.

those aren't too bad... as stated made by SJA... for $35... BUY THEM!!...lol

The flat pistons were my favorite... k series had a TC2+ motor and the A series had a TC9 motor...

of you could keep the surround attached to the cone.... they were great...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.