Elemental Design subs any good?

bostonkid92
10+ year member

I've searched on Google and really can't find much on them. Also, I can't find any pictures of the subs online. I've heard of this brand but are they any good? I have a 12" Kicker L7 with no box just sitting around and someone wants to trade it for 2 12" Elemental Designs in a box. I'd like to hear them but idk how they are.

The subs have a lower case green "e" on the cone. There were some posts on here about these subs but not the specific model. Idk, I'm just curious since I haven't heard much about this brand and don't want to make a bad deal.

I think I found the model it may be.... E-K12D2

well i mean, it's an '11 L7 and i got 2 for $70 so i wouldn't be out much. he's throwing in a small jl amp too. i was just wondering what you all thought of that brand. i heard that the soft parts are sort of weak?

The only one I've seen was at a fleamarket and it was less then impressive looking stamped steel basket and softparts and build quality comparable to boss,pyle etc.

**** lol i was all excited. the basket actually looks pretty nice. sort of like a BTL. well thanks for all the quick feedback.
well I'm sure they made many models and like I said I have only seen one, but you said you got two kickers for 70 so in your case your spending 35 bucks for two twelves a box and a jl amp doesn't sound like a bad deal when you think of it that way you could keep the amp and CL the subs if you don't like them.

I ran the eD 13.5 av2's and they were awesome. All there stuff is good but like any company they have a lower end sub but they are (was) a good company with good stuff. I really loved the 13.5's they are by far my favorite sub, Till they got stolen.

the amps were made by Avionixx, im friends with the guy who designed all of them but retired a lil early because the owner Richard was really a d!ck...

as far as ed subs they used almost every build house possible,lol...

****, last night i really wasn't feeling it since you guys told me to pass but goingdef has a good point. i'd only be out 35 bucks. if i get those subs today, maybe i could post a picture of them and see what you guys think?

If you're not going to use the L7 go for it because if you don't like it you post it on craigslist & still come out on top lol. Just make sure their gear works before you trade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.