electrical system?

skate21221
10+ year member

i finally bought 2 12in L7's and a zx 1500.1, and now I need to figure out what i need to do to the electrical side of things. I have a stock 90 amp alt. and dont want to upgrade if possible. How many batteries and how big do i need, also do i have to upgrade alt.? I dont want bad diming or bad volt drops.

I also wanted to get another smaller amp and new speakers, but iam guess i dont have the electrical to do it?

And about wirring... what all do i need? i was planning on getting a 1/0 complete amp kit. will that have everything i need to install this?

hmmm im not to sure about your alt.. from what i know you should be fine with it but there will be slight dimming....and if you by the wireing kit it should come with everything you will need for your system...but if you do by a smaller amp n new speakers you will have to upgrade your alt.

why is the KLM 1/0 Amplifier Installation Kit so much cheaper than the 1/0 Amplifier Installation Kit from http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp%20Installation%20Kits
also will 10 awg wire be big enough or should i do 8 awg for the speaker wire
Unless you're going to be running massive amounts of wattage (and you're not) I cannot ever see the need to run anything close to 8awg for speaker wire. In most cases 12awg is overkill though that's what I run since I got a 100ft roll of it cheap as dirt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.