Electrical System issue

McBuzzd

Hi, I have a 2004 Honda Civic with a stock 70 amp alternator. Problem is I have two different amps on it, putting out about 600 RMS for the mono block powering my woofer. And 250 RMS for the the 4 channel powering the speakers. So my cars electrical system is severely underpowered so I want to install a 130-160 high output alternator along with a big 3 upgrade(will I need a fuse block for positive cable?). Last question is will I need to upgrade my stock starting battery to one of those XSpower ones. Thank you

Are you asking if you need to fuse between your alternator and battery or battery and amps?

I've never seen a fuse between alternator and battery.

Fusing between battery and amp is not a "must". It it only to protect you car in case something happens to the wire and it starts grounding out "could set your car on fire".

Those batteries are a good idea, but not an absolute must. Even with a high output alternator, with the stock battery, you "could" still have power issues. Depends on the battery you have in there now. There are some god ones and some cheap ones.

Ya I had been wondering if I'd put a high output alternator i'd probably need a better battery than my stock one. Since I would only do about 130-160 amps I thought maybe I could keep the stock one. Ya I was talking about a fuse on the power wire from Battery to alternator

Ya I had been wondering if I'd put a high output alternator i'd probably need a better battery than my stock one. Since I would only do about 130-160 amps I thought maybe I could keep the stock one. Ya I was talking about a fuse on the power wire from Battery to alternator
Stock id say no but from what I've seen a lot of people do fuse between alt and battery when using a HO alternator. I plan to when I install mine along with the big 3.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.