Electrical set ups If you got em show em!

Yeah I've done my homework on super caps and I have seen some amazing almost unbelievable things done with them just wanted to know people's opinions on this particular one. I'm going to put 2 in my daily with the 96 ah headway bank

he audio output voltage looked fairly jagged and not smooth
This is happening way downstream from the +12 going into the amp that's being pulsed and transformed up to the rail voltage and I can assure you that nothing you can do to the +12V line going into the amp will change that output waveform beyond giving it a slightly higher threshold before clipping.

This is getting into the realm of the fuckwits who buy 2000$ "power conditioners" for their home theaters and convince themselves that anything but a perfectly shaped 110V waveform going into the power supply is somehow going to improve the way their amp sounds.

Yeah I've done my homework on super caps and I have seen some amazing almost unbelievable things done with them just wanted to know people's opinions on this particular one. I'm going to put 2 in my daily with the 96 ah headway bank
What do you suppose this would accomplish for you that adding the same dollar value more Headway cells would not do better?

You still haven't answered the question.
Do me favor. Hit me with hard core facts and good advice because it seems like you're ready to debate a concept I may not be well equipped for and instead of me going back and forth about my opinion just give me yours please. I'm more of a listener about things I don't know than a debater.

Hispls makes a valid point that adding more batteries can give you the extra juice you need but that comes at a higher cost and more room to give up. I think it comes down to the individual application. In my setup I’ll have an agm under the hood and another in the trunk. I could make room possibly for one more agm but I definitely have the room to fit a cap bank. I’m still on the fence about it all and have 9 days left to decide 😂.

Hispls makes a valid point that adding more batteries can give you the extra juice you need but that comes at a higher cost and more room to give up. I think it comes down to the individual application. In my setup I’ll have an agm under the hood and another in the trunk. I could make room possibly for one more agm but I definitely have the room to fit a cap bank. I’m still on the fence about it all and have 9 days left to decide 😂.

I cannot confirm or deny any information that I'm given the only thing I was speaking on was the charge and discharge rate which is higher in a super capacitor pro the prices and things of that nature are semantics Add more privy to individual setups I ran AGM and if I was running AGM now I would definitely be using a super capacitor

You could but even with more lithium the discharge rate would still be slower than a super cap.
Capacitors are ideal for setups with low battery capacity and high alternator output. The purpose of a capacitor is to fill the gap between the amp's demand and when the alternator starts producing. Lithium can accomplish that as well, but lithium also has much more capacity than capacitors, which takes some responsibility away from the alternator. I agree with hispls on this one.

I’ve personally tested all scenarios….lithium and caps together works better then lithium alone…no battery has the discharge capabilities of caps…both together is magic

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...