Electrical Problems just arising

Participant count
  • Participant list

XEnophontos
10+ year member

Hello all, havent posted in awhile, but I have run into a road block with my system. I have a 02 honda accord with an Alpine m1000 powering an Incriminator Audio Flatlyne Subwoofer 12'. Also have the big 3 done and a small batcap in the trunk. Anyways it has been fine for almost a year now all through summer and part of winter, recently however my car died cause I left my lights on one day about a month ago. I had my friend jump it and disconnected my faceplate for a few days to let the battery recharge. It was fine until Monday when it died again. Jumped it again and have since had the faceplate disconnected again, sometimes its still slow to start up and im not sure it will everytime I turn the key.

I am just looking for insight into what you guys think the root problem is and how to solve it. The battery could be really old I don't know when the last time it was changed if it ever was. The alt could just not be keeping up with the system. Possible low acid in the battery?

It is problem with most all batteries, It couldn't hurt to get you a nice deep cycle battery though if you are worried about discharging

Thanks for the clarification guys, do gel cellls do the same thinng when run to low?
it's not wet or gel that makes the difference in how they act when deep discharged it's the fact of deep cycle or not. thats why you don't use a redtop it's a gel cell but not deepcycle so it will be damaged just as easy as a normal wetcell

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.