Amp lights up but no Power or Protect light

Participant count
  • Participant list

temuchan
10+ year member

Hi, the amp is a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D. Here's the problem: When I turn on my head unit the word "Hifonics" on the amplifier lights up with blue light, however neither the green power light nor the red protect light light up. I also do not feel any vibration nor hear any sound from the sub woofers wired to the amp.

Things I've checked:

Wire from battery to amp is fine, along with the fuse.

Remote wire is working.

Checked all LPFs on the amp and HU.

Checked settings on HU.

Checked fuses on amp.

So I'm lost as to what the problem could be. Maybe my ground location is bad? I'm hoping the amp isn't dead, but I don't know why the power light doesn't turn on but the Hifonics logo lights up.

...If I am readding what you are writting correctly cole252, sounds like you might have a problem with the impedence from your speakers on the amp, if it is to low the amp will go into protect when it starts to draw a large current, what kind of speakers and how are they wired up?

@temuchen, I think you may not be getting good signal to the amp, try this plug in an mp3 player using a 3.5mm headphone to RCA wire directly into the amp and play something, if it plays your problem is the RCA from the HU, if not, check your line voltages...if there is still no inconsistancy , you can check the impedence on the subwoofers, but it is looking like a problem with the amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.