Electrical, How much?

Participant count
  • Participant list

All_Logix
10+ year member

Formerly CivicGTi
Texas
I am thinking about running two amps, a JBL MS1004 for my highs and a JBL MS5001 for my sub. I am wondering though, with the little 90 amp alternator found in Honda Civic's, I don't figure running on stock I am going to be able to supply the needed electricity. I am really trying to stay away from putting in a new alt, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with running that type of load in a small alt. I take replacing the battery and big 3 as a given, but other than that what are the options?

I run 2k on a 95a alt, and i have more electrical stuff stock in my car than most. I have an extra batt and big 3. i get no dimming
Either your alt puts out a lot more than 95 amps or you're putting out nowhere near 2k or you're lying about the dimming. Your claim is physically impossible if everything you say is true.

Either your alt puts out a lot more than 95 amps or you're putting out nowhere near 2k or you're lying about the dimming. Your claim is physically impossible if everything you say is true.
Agreed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.